3 people are interested
Beloveds Foundation: Volunteer Coordinator I & II
ORGANIZATION: Beloveds Animal Rescue Relief Foundation
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Name : Beloveds Animal Rescue Relief Foundation, aka. Beloveds Foundation
Address : Seattle, WA 98136
Phone : 564-232-6250
E-Mail : email@example.com
Job Title : Volunteer Coordinator
Reports to : Executive Director
Job Location : Remote
Start Date : ASAP
Job Type : ☐ Full-time☒ Part-time ☐ Independent Contractor ☐ Intern
# of Hours : ~ 2-3 Hours per week , minimum one year commitment
Beloveds Foundation is recruiting two Volunteer Coordinators to assist us with managing the administrative tasks around our volunteer support. This role will also include some light recruiting, screening and general management. They will work closely with our existing Executive Director and Event Coordinator to develop strategies to manage our ongoing support needs. This is a volunteer position that can be modified to fit the volunteer’s schedule. The role will require some administrative work to start, to help design a process that is sustainable in managing volunteer engagement
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Complete duties as assigned;
- Report issues to the Executive Director, preferably with options on resolutions and a clear understanding of the concerns and their respective impact
- Provide volunteer recruiting assistance for new and ongoing roles
- Work with the Event Coordinator to clarify volunteer needs and engage the appropriate volunteer for each of the engagements.
- Work directly with volunteers to schedule support for ongoing activities and events
- Manage volunteer communications, contact information and job descriptions
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Good communication skills;
- Good work ethic;
- Personable and professional;
- This role does not require personnel management professional experience, just a willingness to learn
- Works well with others.
- Problem solving abilities
OVERVIEW & ADDITIONAL NOTES
Beloveds Foundation needs assistance with managing the volunteers for our organization. We have largely three types of volunteers.
- Event Support - occasional support for our fundraising, donation drive and other events
- Distribution - pick up and drop off donations, which usually includes a larger vehicle and ability to lift up to 30lbs
- Donation Sorting/Collection - collecting donations from the community and working with a Distribution volunteer to collect the items or a sorting specialist that will take the donated items and organize them for our inventory system
These roles will be working closely with the Executive Director and Event Coordinator to ensure we have appropriate presence at events, with volunteers who want to engage with our sponsors/attendees. Our events can be varying from informational/promotional, to adoption events for local rescues or fundraising events so making sure we have the appropriate volunteers to help fulfill the needs is important. This will also require strong organizational skills and some people skills to help encourage volunteers to keep up their communication with Beloveds regarding their restrictions, availability and preferences.
About Beloveds Animal Rescue Relief Foundation
5218 Fauntleroy Way SW, Unit #4, Seattle, WA 98136, US
We collect pet supplies from the community, businesses and distributors, then provide these donations directly to pet rescues, shelters, food banks, community outreach groups and feral cat colony caretakers, depending on urgency of need and specialty of service. This allows the pet organizations to focus on their animals clients, paying for medical needs, transportation and other urgent services.
Beloveds Foundation was started to help local nonprofit pet organizations, with one of their most critical needs besides money and that is supplies. Millions of dollars worth of pet supplies are donated to generalized donation centers like Goodwill, which is great but we need to make sure these supplies get to the pet organizations that need them the most. Our focus is to collect donated pet supplies from the community, businesses and nonprofit pet organizations, then get them to the rescues, outreach programs so that they can focus on the animals. Through our services we are able to provide hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of critical supplies. In example, one of the biggest challenges to retraining fosters is the cost of supplies which many rescues cannot afford. Beloveds provides these fosters with litter, food, beds, gates and other items so that even if they are low income, they can help to support these organizations and save lives.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 14, 2023
- Administrative Support
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3hrs/week depending on the non-profit activities, possibly less