2 people are interested
Social Media Committee
ORGANIZATION: Military Animal Project
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
- Maintain MAP's FaceBook, Instagram, LinkedIn accounts
- Research audience preferences and discover current trends
- Create engaging text, image and video content
- Design posts to sustain readers’ curiosity and create buzz around MAP Programs, Events, News
- Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness
- Train volunteers to use social media in a cohesive and beneficial way
- Facilitate online conversations with followers, supporters and respond to queries
- Report on online reviews and feedback from followers/supporters
- Develop an optimal posting schedule
- Oversee social media accounts’ layout
- Suggest new ways to attract prospective followers/supporters
About Military Animal Project
14035 Red Rock Road, Reno, NV 89508, US
We provide military veterans suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder PTS(D), Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), Military Sexual Trauma (MST), Anxiety and Depression - comfort, support, companionship, and a means to heal through; Emotional Support or Psychiatric Service Dogs professionally trained specifically for the Veteran’s needs. The level to be determined on the recommendation of veteran’s therapist/doctor. Certified Therapy Dogs will visit veterans in nursing homes, assisted living, rehabilitation, therapy sessions, VA hospitals, hospice facilities, Vet Centers, and also in the privacy of their own home. Equine Buddies Program (EBP). This program helps the Veteran form a close bond with the horse and is an insight on how to earn trust & respect in order to gain leadership qualities. All of our services are provided at NO COST to the Veteran. This is our way of saying, "Thank You For Your Service".
MAP has been in operation for the last 8 years (formerly Pets For Vets Ventura County, CA). Ventura County has 3 Naval Bases and a large Military community.
On March 9, 2022, Military Animal Project (MAP) expanded and launched a new N. Nevada Chapter. We have been organizing, building a volunteer base and searching for a permanent facility to run our programs. We are happy to announce that on August 31, 2022 we purchased a 22 acre Equine& Dog Training Facility in Reno, NV. This will provide us a consistent meeting place, facility to provide over night housing for the veterans during our equine program and a training facility for our service dogs during training. We need volunteers with equine experience, dog trainers (training fees provided), social media, PR/Mktg, volunteer coordinator, events coordinator, therapy dog/handlers (need to be certified through Alliance of Therapy Dogs), to name a few.
We provide military veterans suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder PTS(D), Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), Military Sexual Trauma (MST), Anxiety and Depression a means to heal through; Therapy, Emotional Support, Service Dogs & our Equine Buddies Program. All of our services are provided at NO CHARGE to our Military Veterans.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 14, 2023
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Research
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Will vary - based on programs, events, news. The team of three keeps the social media sites active and engaging
- A passion for dogs, horses and our Military Veterans and their families!