American Red Cross - Services to the Armed Forces: Veteran Stand-down Lead Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: American Red Cross of the Los Angeles Region
This position supports the Los Angeles Region Red Cross Services to the Armed Forces (SAF) department. Volunteers assist in coordinating with the Veteran's Association (VA) medical treatment facilities and other Veteran Service Organizations to coordinate Red Cross volunteer participation at local VA stand-downs-- distribution of needed items, or providing veterans resources.
- Willingness to support the mission of the American Red Cross
- Help to support all veterans
- Develop and maintain partnerships with Vet Centers and key community organizations/agencies who work with the Vet Centers to provide services
- Maintain professionalism and conduct as stated in Red Cross policy
- Willingness to comply with Red Cross COVID-19 policies for in-person volunteer activities.
- Desire to work with veterans
- Ability to show initiative, communicate and work well with others
- Work with diverse populations
- Flexible; easily adapt to surroundings and tasks
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Los Angeles, CA 90021
January 14, 2023
- Human Resources Diversity