1 person is interested
Lead Travelers on Harlem Pub/Bar Tours!
ORGANIZATION: Hostelling International New York
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
ABOUT THE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for volunteers to lead a Harlem pub/bar tour! Pub/Bar tours allow our travelers to engage in a common social activity that allows an opportunity for them to learn more about the community and each other.
As the PUB TOUR leader, we ask that you ensure your program provides opportunities for guests to learn and share history, culture, and perspectives. When leading the PUB TOUR, we require the following:
- Each establishment you visit must have: A unique history/story that gives insight to the local culture, and/or be inclusive of historically underrepresented / diverse perspectives of the city - this could be represented by neighborhood, clientele, ownership.
- The tour must include questions and/or activities that encourage conversations and/or reflection among the guests. Some examples include asking guests if they have locations with a similar history or inviting guest to share their favorite pub traditions!
By adding these elements into the PUB TOUR, we can ensure that our guests are getting an experience that is FUN, but also gives them an opportunity to gain a better understanding of our community and different perspectives!
WHY VOLUNTEER WITH HI USA?
- Meet new people from all over the world, including travelers, staff, and fellow volunteers
- Help bring people together and facilitate cultural exchange
- Build skills in public speaking, foreign languages, intercultural communication, and more
- Earn HI USA membership and overnights at HI USA hostels
- Training provided and flexible schedule
- Have fun while making a difference!
PURPOSE/DEFINITION and HI USA MISSION
HI USA is 501(c)(3) non-profit education association. Our purpose is to "inspire a deeper understanding of people places and cultures for a more tolerant world." As a non-profit, the revenues we receive through overnight stays and memberships is reinvested in mission delivery.
Select the opportunity from this list https://hiusa.app.neoncrm.com/np/clients/hiusa/projectList.jsp?query.project.id=34 and then click on the Apply button at the bottom of the page.
About Hostelling International New York
891 Amsterdam Ave., New York, NY 10025, US
To help all, especially the young, gain a greater understanding of the world and its people through hostelling.
HI New York's volunteer program serves the over quarter-million visitors each year who stay in North America's largest and New York's most popular hostel. For over 20 years, HI New York has welcomed travelers to New York City. Our goal is to create active world citizens and to have a broader understanding of the world. We are looking for people to help our hostellers connect with New York and the world.
Multiple locations New York, NY 10025
January 13, 2023
- Adult Education
- Event Planning / Management
- Cross-cultural Communication
- People Skills
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- weekly basis