1 person is interested
Do you like research and making new connections? Help the Red Cross in your community today!
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Volunteer Services, Volunteer Recruitment Team Member
This position supports the Regional Volunteer Services Department. Assists the implementation of the regional volunteer recruitment plan by performing volunteer recruitment activities to attract a skilled, talented and diverse volunteer workforce to service in all lines of business around the organization.
* Assists in the development and implementation of volunteer workforce recruitment activities.
* Recruits volunteers for all lines of service and departments.
* Meets with Volunteer Management team to determine targeted recruitment needs in the region.
* Proactively recruits new volunteers for general and specific volunteer opportunities.
* Recruits current volunteers for new opportunities and leadership positions.
* Researches outreach events and fairs. Reaches out to community groups to set up recruitment presentations.
* Plans and carries out recruitment events in communities served by the region, for both identified partner groups and open-call interest meetings.
* Promotes volunteer opportunities at community events.
* Advertises and markets for open-call events.
5 to 10 hours per month
- Broad understanding of the American Red Cross and its opportunities for volunteer service.
- Enthusiastic about Red Cross mission and programs
- Recruiting experience OR the ability to effectively communicate Red Cross mission and activities in a manner that is both attractive and realistic.
- Orientation to the American Red Cross
- Volunteer Recruitment Training Curriculum
- On-the-job training as needed
About American Red Cross
620 E Main St, Endicott, NY 13760, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Multiple locations Delhi, NY 13753
December 6, 2023
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Research
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training