Lipstick Angels Hospital Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: LIPSTICK ANGELS
Please visit the new page to apply.
Becoming a Lipstick Angel is a rewarding experience, which will enable you to contribute your skills and expertise to making a difference in people’s lives. Our volunteers are the backbone of the organization, and without their support and commitment, we would not be able to provide services to seriously ill patients and other individuals. Due to the nature of our volunteer work with a diverse population of hospital patients, and other individuals, the following is required :
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must be highly experienced as a professional makeup artist and/or hold an esthetician license.
- Commit to volunteering for at least one year. Hospital volunteers must volunteer at least twice a month (two three-hour shifts, weekdays only).
- Hospital volunteers are required to complete Lipstick Angels’ training, in addition to completing a separate hospital application process and attend a mandatory general orientation.
- Hospital volunteers must complete necessary health requirements. Including a tuberculosis screening, flu shot, and Covid-19 vaccinations on an annual basis to maintain an active status.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with, and take direction from, a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrate a warm and empathetic personality.
- Possess strong communication skills.
- Be willing and able to relate to a diverse patient population without bias as to race, color, religion, sexual orientation and/or social status.
- Be mindful of your position. Do not offer unsolicited advice and NEVER offer any medical advice of any kind to a patient.
09:00 AM to 03:00 PM
Shifts are between 9am-5pm (depending on location) for 3 hours
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About LIPSTICK ANGELS
PO BOX 480366, LOS ANGELES, CA 90048, US
Lipstick Angels' mission is to strengthen the dignity, hope, and self-esteem of individuals with cancer or other chronic illness
Lipstick Angels is a nonprofit organization that provides clean-beauty and wellness programs that aim to restore the dignity, hope, and self-esteem to cancer patients by offering complimentary, personalized, and oncology-sensitive beauty and skin care services in hospitals at patients’ bedsides or while they are receiving treatment.
Administered by professional make-up artists and estheticians, Lipstick Angels programs support those diagnosed with cancer and other chronic illness through restorative and nurturing services that allow hospitals to offer a holistic experience to their patients by catering to the physical and emotional side effects of the diagnosis and treatment of cancer and other chronic illnesses. Through human touch, compassion and care, we create an intimate environment that fosters kindness and connection; contributing to recovery and nourishing the whole person - mind, body and spirit.
Lipstick Angels’ services offer patients of all genders the opportunity to experience a variety of spa services including hydrating facials, comforting hand massages, aromatherapy, makeup applications and eyebrow shaping. Our goal is to create a space for each person to feel pampered in the moment and to spark empowerment and joy through the unique practice of self-care.
Multiple locations San Francisco, CA 94122
January 12, 2023
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Hospital volunteers must volunteer at least twice a month (two three-hour shifts, weekdays only).
- Must be highly experienced as a professional makeup artist and/or hold an esthetician license. Demonstrate a warm and empathetic personality. Possess strong communication skills.