6 people are interested
Please visit the new page to apply.
6 people are interested
Volunteer title: Outreach Volunteer
Reports to: Rough Sleeper Navigator/Coordinator
Department/Service: Bradbury Centre /Operational Services.
Volunteers are the lifeblood of our organisation and without volunteers, HARP couldn’t achieve its objectives to support around 1,000 local people every year who are either homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Shifts available 7 days a week on the following hours:
Morning Shift - 6am - 830am Evening Shift - 7pm - 11pm
- Full DBS required before any shifts can be completed
- Have experience of working with people around homelessness, working with vulnerable people or with complex needs
- Attend training prior to shifts covering professional boundaries, HARP induction, safeguarding adults and trauma informed
Main purpose of the role
- Assist the team in providing outreach to adults at risk, who are experiencing homelessness in the local area.
- To support people to seek improvements to their mental health, managing physical health problems or substance misuse if required.
- Provide an exemplary, safe and well-maintained service for adults at risk
- Volunteers Responsibilities
- Supporting our rough sleeper Navigator team to provide outreach services to local rough sleepers
- To offer a personalised service to each individual. Providing meaningful conversations and interventions with those who are currently rough sleeping, at risk of homelessness or vulnerably housed
- To work on outreach to help people who experience complex needs (housing, substance misuse, offending behaviour, mental health and physical health) to access services and interventions they may require
- Visit local known rough sleeping locations, based on local intelligence, to provide emergency support and provisions
- Work alongside clients to improve general health, including dietary needs and personal hygiene
- Attend briefing and debrief for each shift completed
- Adhere to HARP’s policies and procedures
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensure that the information on the HARP In-Form database is accurate and fully updated so that it is always available for monitoring and reporting purposes
GDPR & Data Protection
- Ensure all HARP data is kept according to HARP’s GDPR and Data Protection policies in line with national legislation.
- Assist residents with completing Housing Benefit applications to ensure that rent and service charges are recovered promptly.
4th Floor Dencora Court, Tylers Avenue, Southend-on-Sea, Essex SS1 2BB, GB
Mission Our mission is to reduce homelessness in Southend-on-Sea by providing emergency housing and long-term solutions that enable people to rebuild their lives and live independently in the community. Values Here are some of the values which underpin our work: Personal integrity The importance of every individual Outstanding service to people The importance of working together Professional competence
On average, HARP helps over 1,000 people who are either homeless or at risk of homelessness every year. The HARP pathway is different for everyone and is tailored to each person’s needs.
Everyone that walks through the doors at HARP can talk through the issues they’re facing in their own time. The Bradbury Day Centre is a warm and safe place in Southend where trained staff are on hand to provide support and link people to the right services.
Some people’s problems will be solved quickly, whilst others will continue on the HARP pathway through our supported housing.
Bradbury Day CentreYork RoadSouthend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
January 12, 2023
- Crisis Intervention
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
- Must be at least 18