Join in the Fight to End Alzheimer's - Alzheimer's Association
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Alzheimer's Association of Greater Indiana
Whether you have a little time or a lot of time, you can make a HUGE impact. Are you a mover and shaker within your community? Are you a people person? Are you involved in group that has coffee together, plays golf, pickleball or tennis together, sews together, hikes, walks, runs or bikes together, or another activity based group? If you said yes to any of these questions, YOU are who we are looking for. Be a part of our fun and creative volunteer committee that focuses on finding, recruiting and engaging with participants for one of the Alzheimer’s Association’s signature campaigns, The Longest Day.
The Longest Day is the day with the most light - the summer solstice. On this day, we recognize the thousands of participants from across the world that have come together to fight the darkness of Alzheimer's through an activity of their choice. Together, they use their creativity and passion to raise funds and awareness for the care, support, advocacy and research efforts of the Alzheimer’s Association. This Do-It-Yourself fundraising and awareness campaign encourages participants to take what they enjoy doing and turn it into a The Longest Day activity-- how they want, when they want and where they want. Participants throughout Indiana have raised funds and awareness by playing cards, biking, baking, playing pickleball, golfing, running, live streaming, doing yoga, hosting a car show, having a backyard BBQ and the list goes on. It’s fun! It’s creative! And, it’s growing!
- Be a part of the new participant volunteer team. Identify and recruit The Longest Day participants from where you work, live, play and/or even worship.
- Be a part of our Global Team recruitment. Global Teams are locations, clubs, etc. that are a part of a national company, club or organization that has partnered with the Alzheimer’s Association, The Longest Day campaign, from a national level but needs us to recruit and spread the word on the local level, across the state. A list of global teams, scripts, etc. will be provided.
- Or, be a part of an affinity recruitment team. Do you have a passion or hobby like hiking, biking, running, playing pickleball, etc. where your knowledge or connections could make an impact on recruiting new participants?
- Help us call current and past participants
- Help us canvas social media with information about The Longest Day and the Alzheimer's Association
Help us grow this campaign as we work together to #ENDALZ.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Indianapolis, IN 46240
January 12, 2023
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK