Marketing Chair (Board Member), Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation
Volunteer Opportunity: Marketing Chair, Board of Directors
Do you love dogs, cats, and critters? Do you also have a passion for marketing? If so, we have a position for you!
The Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation is seeking a Marketing Chair to drive community engagement and awareness of our functioning 501(c)(3) nonprofit. The Marketing Chair is an integral part of our 12-person volunteer Board of Directors. This is an unpaid position with a 3-year term that starts March 2023. The position requires around 5 hours of work weekly and attendance at monthly Board meetings.
The ideal candidate will bring growth marketing and content strategy experience to best serve the Foundation and its mission. This role will help shape the foundations' brand across all community touchpoints. Must be a strong collaborator, well-versed in outbound email marketing, website engagement and social marketing (organic and paid). The role co-leads a 6-person volunteer committee to create amazing marketing experiences and campaigns that engages prospective donors and increase fundraising share.
The ideal candidate has an outgoing, dynamic personality and is passionate about helping Seattle’s animals. Attention to detail, self-organization, a can-do attitude, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, small team environment are essential elements to this role.
- Lead all marketing efforts for annual fundraising events, especially the Furry 5K (in June) and the Furevermore Auction & Gala (in October), to meet fundraising goals.
- Lead and engage marketing committee volunteers with website content management,
- email marketing, social content and asset creation.
- Develop and maintain a marketing campaign and content calendar.
- Bring strategy and data to marketing support.
- Develop best practices and operations.
- Collaborate with other Foundation board committees and Seattle Animal Shelter staff and volunteers.
- Knowledge and experience in marketing strategies and tactics.
- Experience volunteering with a non-profit is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with public relations and paid advertising is a plus.
- Passion for animals required.
Board Member Requirements:
- Ability to commit to a 3-year term starting March 2023
- Ability to contribute $1000 annually to SASF through funds or in-kind donations; any solicited/procured items and event ticket sales from one's network can count towards this commitment
- Ability to attend monthly Board meetings held on Wednesdays 5:30-7pm (currently virtual but will likely move back to in-person meetings at the Seattle Animal Shelter)
How to apply: Please email your resume to SASF’s Recruiting Specialist, Denise Lin, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Seattle, WA 98139
January 11, 2023