4 people are interested
Event Manager & Planner
ORGANIZATION: ANGEL CITY SPORTS
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
Angel City Sports is seeking an Events Manager to support and strengthen the goals and mission of the Events Team. The Events Manager is an executer that can fit into our high functioning team! This person will focus on the management and execution of virtual and in-person events while supporting other departmental initiatives as needed. The ideal candidate is a proven detailed oriented GO GETTER, self-motivated, solution-driven, enjoys managing multiple priorities, and has the skills to professionally engage with a global group of stakeholders. This is a position that works hybrid at our Playa District office on
Tuesdays, and Thursdays, and remotely on other days. This position will report directly to the Executive Director.
EVENT MANAGER ROLE
- Prepares and tracks monthly expense reports and submits purchase order requisitions.
- Prepares and edits outgoing correspondence to include email messages, memos, etc.; drafts correspondence; uploads, scans, faxes, prints, and distributes various correspondence and other documentation as needed
- Supports various company departments as needed
- Communicates pertinent information to outside agencies
- Sets up and maintains confidential files including correspondence, reports, logs, required permits, licenses, registration, corporate records and other material. Provides contracts administration as it pertains to the department.
- Oversees the general office procedures for the department to include files both electronic and hard copies, supplies, office equipment and mailings.
- Manage our major year events including (Angel City Games, Multi-sport days, courage weekend etc)
- Assist department management team with event coordination as requested/needed
- Coordinate logistical paperwork for staff & team for the planning of a successful event (including but not limited to: resumes, work orders, floor plans, event report, final invoicing etc)
- Coordinate logistics and conducts site tours of facility to prospective and/or booked clients.
- Monitors company database and/or system event activity and communicates pertinent information regarding events to appropriate team members.
- Produce client surveys to include sending, monitoring the returns and the follow-up procedures for management.
- Answers all communication forms in a courteous and professional manner, including our online info emails that are received
- Ensures that our ACS community (vendors/donors/sponsors/volunteers/ athletes etc) receive correct and up to date information about events and programming
- Ensures ACS community needs are efficiently and effectively identified and questions or concerns are resolved
- Builds and maintains successful business relationships with our community in effort to provide exceptional customer service and increase probability of future bookings/return/fundraising
- Provide reception support when needed
- Monitor changes and updates to Event Planners Handbook to include changes to the ACS website
- Liaise between Executive Director & Development Manager(s) for all events and activity.
- Develops, compiles, analyzes, organizes and prints various documentation, lists, logs and reports. Updates and distribute company logs/lists as needed. Assists the necessary management in any other task to achieve the overall goals and objectives of the company and mission.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS(Job Knowledge, Skills, and Education)
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency (BA/BS Degree in Business, Event Planning, Tourism or related field preferred) A minimum of 2-4 years of related work experience
- Experience effectively managing and/or planning events
- Excellent customer service skills working with diverse backgrounds
- Excellent knowledge of computer operations Monday.com, Microsoft Office 365, & Google Suite
- Effective oral communication and listening skills; able to speak clearly to give instructions and explanations and listen/understand when communicating with staff, vendors, and clients
- Effective written communication skills; able to write and compose correspondence, contracts, memos and reports
- Experience establishing and maintaining cooperative and productive work relationships
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; strong attention to detail Experience managing multiple priorities and working independently; able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines and remaining productive and professional.
- Independent thinking and problem-solving skills with the ability to work with confidential information
- Must possess and exude a positive, team-oriented attitude
- Self-starter with a willingness and enthusiasm for taking on additional responsibility
- Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the company.
- Ability to stand or otherwise remain in a stationary position for several hours ability to walk or otherwise move about frequently for several hours
- Must have the ability to work harmoniously in a team setting exhibiting a true "COMMUNITY" attitude to fellow workers, guests, sponsors, vendors etc as to provide exceptional customer service while demonstrating behaviors that reflect the ACS community vision, mission statement and values.
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Hourly range: $25-$32 DOE
Please submit a cover letter with your resume. Due to the high volume of applications, please refrain from telephone calls, visits, or emails (other than submissions) to the organization directly.
Angel City Sports (ACS) is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants on the basis of ancestry, age, citizenship, color, disability (physical and mental, includes HIV and AIDS), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion (includes religious dress and grooming, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, request for FMLA, reproductive health decision, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law ("Protected Categories"). ACS will not discriminate based on a perception that an employee or applicant is a member of one or more of the Protected Categories or is associated with someone who is a member of one or more of the Protected Categories. ACS is committed to fostering a diverse and safe work environment where employees respect one another and share a commitment to our organization’s mission, values, and strategies.
About ANGEL CITY SPORTS
2355 WESTWOOD BLVD STE 1139, LOS ANGELES, CA 90064, US
The mission of Angel City Sports is to create sports opportunities for adults, children, and veterans with physical disabilities or visual impairments. Our goals are to encourage physical ACTivity and demonstrate LEADership to strengthen the adaptive sports movement. Our initial programming focus is on Southern California, but our events and programming will draw athletes from all over the country.
Angel City Sports is an LA-based non-profit that provides year-round free adaptive sports opportunities for kids, adults, and veterans with physical disabilities or visual impairments. In addition to providing free equipment, coaching, and competitive opportunities - Angel City focuses on how every individual can reach their full potential and unlock their dreams through music, art, higher education, and career opportunities.
Multiple locations Los Angeles, CA 90064
January 22, 2023
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18