Marketing Co-Chair (Board Member)
ORGANIZATION: Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation
Please visit the new page to apply.
Volunteer Opportunity: Marketing Chair, Board of Directors
Do you love dogs, cats, and critters? Do you also have a passion for marketing? If so, we have a position for you!
The Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation is seeking a Marketing Chair to drive community engagement and awareness of our functioning 501(c)(3) nonprofit. The Marketing Chair is an integral part of our 12-person volunteer Board of Directors. This is an unpaid position with a 3-year term that starts March 2023. The position requires around 5 hours of work weekly and attendance at monthly Board meetings.
The ideal candidate will bring growth marketing and content strategy experience to best serve the Foundation and its mission. This role will help shape the foundations' brand across all community touchpoints. Must be a strong collaborator, well-versed in outbound email marketing, website engagement and social marketing (organic and paid). The role co-leads a 6-person volunteer committee to create amazing marketing experiences and campaigns that engages prospective donors and increase fundraising share.
The ideal candidate has an outgoing, dynamic personality and is passionate about helping Seattle’s animals. Attention to detail, self-organization, a can-do attitude, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, small team environment are essential elements to this role.
- Lead all marketing efforts for annual fundraising events, especially the Furry 5K (in June) and the Furevermore Auction & Gala (in October), to meet fundraising goals.
- Lead and engage marketing committee volunteers with website content management,
- email marketing, social content and asset creation.
- Develop and maintain a marketing campaign and content calendar.
- Bring strategy and data to marketing support.
- Develop best practices and operations.
- Collaborate with other Foundation board committees and Seattle Animal Shelter staff and volunteers.
- Knowledge and experience in marketing strategies and tactics.
- Experience volunteering with a non-profit is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with public relations and paid advertising is a plus.
- Passion for animals required.
Board Member Requirements:
- Ability to commit to a 3-year term starting March 2023
- Ability to contribute $1000 annually to SASF through funds or in-kind donations; any solicited/procured items and event ticket sales from one's network can count towards this commitment
- Ability to attend monthly Board meetings held on Wednesdays 5:30-7pm (currently virtual but will likely move back to in-person meetings at the Seattle Animal Shelter)
How to apply: Please email your resume to SASF’s Recruiting Specialist, Denise Lin, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
About Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation
PO Box 99006, Seattle, WA 98139, US
In 2010, the Seattle Animal Shelter and a committed group of volunteers recognized that there were certain needs beyond the scope of what the City could fund. To better address these needs, the Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation (SASF) was formed. SASF raises critical funds to help enrich the lives of Seattle’s animals and empowers volunteers and the local community to become part of the effort.
In 2010, the Seattle Animal Shelter (SAS) and a committed group of volunteers recognized that there were certain needs above and beyond what the City of Seattle could fund. To better address these needs, the Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation (SASF) was formed.
SASF is a non-profit organization run by a volunteer board that is dedicated to enriching and enhancing the lives of animals in the care of SAS. Thousands of dogs, cats and critters are helped every year and this support is made possible through generous donors and committed volunteers.
By raising these critical funds, SASF contributes to the health and wellbeing of Seattle’s homeless animals by funding life changing programs and services led by SAS. We invite volunteers and the local community to be part of the effort, and if you are already a supporter, thank you for putting the animals first.
2061 15th Avenue WestSeattle, WA 98119
January 10, 2023
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Marketing Analytics
- Social Media / Blogging
- 5-10 hours a week (also fluctuates depending on what events are occurring)
- Must have volunteer or professional experience in marketing strategy.