28 people are interested
Web Developer - Hybrid-Remote
ORGANIZATION: CLEAR BLUE SEA
Please visit the new page to apply.
28 people are interested
We are looking for volunteers or interns to participate in web development to educate a public audience on topics relevant to the problems and solutions of plastic pollution, including Clear Blue Sea’s innovation FRED, the Floating Robot for Eliminating Debris, and our Internship Program. This position is a hybrid-remote position located in San Diego, CA. This position is ongoing and offers flexible hours with specific roles and responsibilities defined in collaboration with the Clear Blue Sea team. If you are passionate about saving the oceans, please get in touch!
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Maintaining our website to include updated information for the public
- Creating new website content to reflect CBSea progress
- Participating in CBSea brainstorming sessions to discuss website ideas and address any website issues
- Supporting transition of CBSea website to new platforms to facilitate website updates
- Integrating CBSea website with our online store
Preferred capabilities include:
- Committed to creating and implementing innovation to cleanse the oceans of plastic pollution
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to convey plans, status issues and ideas throughout CBSea
- Experience with various website platforms applicable to nonprofit ocean conservancy organizations
- Attentive to website performance and capable of immediate resolution of website content
- Collaborative in working with local CBSea content teams
Clear Blue Sea values the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Apply via our online form
Contact Clear Blue Sea with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
About CLEAR BLUE SEA
7939 Silverton Ave, SAN DIEGO, CA 92122, US
Clear Blue Sea's mission is to cleanse the oceans of floating plastic pollution by operating fleets of unmanned marine robots powered by renewable energy.
CLEAR BLUE SEA is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization in San Diego, CA with a mission to cleanse the oceans of plastic pollution. Clear Blue Sea’s innovative marine debris removal system is an unmanned, solar-powered Floating Robot for Eliminating Debris (FRED). Three small-scale FRED prototypes have been built and tested in Mission Bay and several new FRED projects are currently in work, including a FRED Do-it-Yourself (FREDDY) Instructional Package and the design of a 50-foot FRED to be implemented in Hawaii as a pilot. Our FRED projects have involved over 200 student interns as we are dedicated to training and mentoring younger generations in methods and innovations needed to increase awareness of ocean plastics and solutions for ocean cleanup and conservancy.
7939 Silverton AvenueSan Diego, CA 92126
January 10, 2023
- Website Project Management
- Web Design
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)