1 person is interested
Grant Writer - Hybrid-remote
ORGANIZATION: CLEAR BLUE SEA
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
We are looking for volunteers to assist with grant management and fundraising to help further Clear Blue Sea’s mission and efforts .
This position offers flexible hours with specific roles and responsibilities defined in collaboration with the CBSea team. This position is ongoing and offers flexible hours with specific roles and responsibilities defined in collaboration with the Clear Blue Sea team. This is a hybrid remote/onsite position located in San Diego, CA. If you are passionate about saving the oceans, please get in touch!
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Prepare proposals by determining concept, gathering and formatting information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals.
- Determine proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposal (RFPs), and attending strategy meetings.
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, and transmittal.
- Coordinate requirements with team contributors and provide proposal status information at review meetings.
- Gather proposal information by identifying sources of information, coordinating submissions and collections, and identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Develop proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation.
- Write, revise, and edit drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Maintain quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone
- Obtain approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers.
Preferred capabilities include:
- Written communication
- Technical documentation
- Problem solving
- Strategic planning
- Market knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Business, or related field
- Minimum of 1-year experience in grant writing, prospect research, general fundraising or a minimum of 2 years comparable and transferable skills acquired in a professional setting
Clear Blue Sea values the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Apply via our online form
Contact Clear Blue Sea with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
About CLEAR BLUE SEA
7939 Silverton Ave, SAN DIEGO, CA 92122, US
Clear Blue Sea's mission is to cleanse the oceans of floating plastic pollution by operating fleets of unmanned marine robots powered by renewable energy.
CLEAR BLUE SEA is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization in San Diego, CA with a mission to cleanse the oceans of plastic pollution. Clear Blue Sea’s innovative marine debris removal system is an unmanned, solar-powered Floating Robot for Eliminating Debris (FRED). Three small-scale FRED prototypes have been built and tested in Mission Bay and several new FRED projects are currently in work, including a FRED Do-it-Yourself (FREDDY) Instructional Package and the design of a 50-foot FRED to be implemented in Hawaii as a pilot. Our FRED projects have involved over 200 student interns as we are dedicated to training and mentoring younger generations in methods and innovations needed to increase awareness of ocean plastics and solutions for ocean cleanup and conservancy.
7939 Silverton AvenueSan Diego, CA 92126
January 10, 2023
- Grant Writing / Research