1 person is interested
ORGANIZATION: Military Animal Project
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
- Develop, build and maintain positive, long-term relationships with volunteers.
- Interview potential volunteers (along with BOD) and match their talents with organizational needs.
- Process, organize and maintain volunteer paper work including, Volunteer Form, Release of Liability, Photo/Video Release.
- Coordinate volunteer teams for office projects, program support, special events, community outreach efforts, and facility maintenance
- Oversee a volunteer recognition program including awards, events and name tags
- Maintain the volunteer data-base.
- Oversee volunteer recruiting efforts including applications, social media/website based promotions, and local newspaper listings.
- Work with other staff to organize regular volunteer trainings as needed
About Military Animal Project
14035 Red Rock Road, Reno, NV 89508, US
We provide military veterans suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder PTS(D), Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), Military Sexual Trauma (MST), Anxiety and Depression - comfort, support, companionship, and a means to heal through; Emotional Support or Psychiatric Service Dogs professionally trained specifically for the Veteran’s needs. The level to be determined on the recommendation of veteran’s therapist/doctor. Certified Therapy Dogs will visit veterans in nursing homes, assisted living, rehabilitation, therapy sessions, VA hospitals, hospice facilities, Vet Centers, and also in the privacy of their own home. Equine Buddies Program (EBP). This program helps the Veteran form a close bond with the horse and is an insight on how to earn trust & respect in order to gain leadership qualities. All of our services are provided at NO COST to the Veteran. This is our way of saying, "Thank You For Your Service".
MAP has been in operation for the last 8 years (formerly Pets For Vets Ventura County, CA). Ventura County has 3 Naval Bases and a large Military community.
On March 9, 2022, Military Animal Project (MAP) expanded and launched a new N. Nevada Chapter. We have been organizing, building a volunteer base and searching for a permanent facility to run our programs. We are happy to announce that on August 31, 2022 we purchased a 22 acre Equine& Dog Training Facility in Reno, NV. This will provide us a consistent meeting place, facility to provide over night housing for the veterans during our equine program and a training facility for our service dogs during training. We need volunteers with equine experience, dog trainers (training fees provided), social media, PR/Mktg, volunteer coordinator, events coordinator, therapy dog/handlers (need to be certified through Alliance of Therapy Dogs), to name a few.
We provide military veterans suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder PTS(D), Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), Military Sexual Trauma (MST), Anxiety and Depression a means to heal through; Therapy, Emotional Support, Service Dogs & our Equine Buddies Program. All of our services are provided at NO CHARGE to our Military Veterans.
Multiple locations Reno, NV 89508
January 10, 2023
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Time commitment would vary. Most can be done from home on a laptop, text or calls.
- Attending most events, overseeing volunteers and create a schedule for coverage at events/booth. Have regular volunteer meetings (1x month) and communicate activity to the BOD.