1 person is interested
Perform wellness checks on vulnerable adults for the Probate Court.
ORGANIZATION: GUARDIAN PARTNERS
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Are you good at interviewing?
Do you have a passion for supporting others?
Volunteer to provide wellness checks for adults under guardianship!
Guardian Partners is a volunteer-based nonprofit offering education, resources, and oversight for adults with cognitive disabilities who have court-appointed guardians. Our goal is not only to identify and prevent abuse, but also to provide resources, information, and feedback to guardians to ensure that people under guardianship are treated with respect and receiving the utmost care. We are currently seeking volunteers in or near Clatsop County, OR.
Volunteer Case Monitors receive extensive training, including partnership with an experienced Case Monitor, and are given ongoing support to polish their interview skills. Case Monitors interview the incapacitated adult and their guardian, as well as a third-party professional contact. Case monitors will also furnish a report to the court identifying any evidence of abuse or neglect as well as any recommendations for change.
- We welcome volunteers from all different backgrounds! However, we do ask for volunteers to complete 10 cases minimum and to be 18+ years old. Volunteers will also complete a background check.
- Most of our volunteers spend 5-15 hours per month volunteering.
- Volunteering with Guardian Partners is highly flexible and can fit almost any schedule.
- If you’re interested in psychology, social work, law, or just want to give back, this may be a great opportunity for you.
Watch this video to learn about the impact our volunteers have in the lives of vulnerable Oregonians: https://vimeo.com/368055631
Contact us today at email@example.com to schedule an interview!
About GUARDIAN PARTNERS
10814 NE Halsey St, PORTLAND, OR 97220, US
Guardian Partners assists the Court in protecting our most vulnerable through monitoring and education. These efforts reduce the potential for abuse, neglect, and exploitation of Protected People under guardianship.
Volunteer Monitors are at the heart of our mission to keep vulnerable Oregonians safe and thriving.
Founded in 2013, Guardian Partners has grown to serve eight counties - Clackamas, Douglas, Jackson, Lane, Marion, Multnomah, Tillamook, and Yamhill - with additional counties anticipated soon. We strive to review all guardianship cases in Oregon, roughly 15,000. We monitor over 150 cases each year, with 14% of those cases requiring Court intervention and one-third benefiting from referrals from the volunteer Case Monitor.
The difference a Case Monitor makes in a Protected Person's life can be profound.
Clatsop CountyAstoria, OR 97103
January 10, 2023
- Elder care
- Mental Health
- Family Law
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- The work is very flexible and can be arranged around your schedule. We ask for a minimum commitment of 10 case interviews, 5 - 15 hours a month, and completion of training.
- Initiative, dedication and commitment, critical thinking, proficient verbal and written communication, fortitude; case monitoring is independent work.