Community Cleanup Coordinator
ORGANIZATION: CoastLove, Inc
Please visit the new page to apply.
The primary focus of this volunteer position is to oversee and expand our coastal cleanup program. This role will engage communities, organizations, and volunteers in programs that build on the Coastlove mission while assisting in developing and monitoring cleaning events, and community initiatives. You will have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of community cleanup, restoration, and education activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support, and expand our coastal cleanup program. This includes permitting and supply management, scheduling and hosting cleanups, and supporting our community cleanup site volunteers.
- Input data into a database after each event.
- Follow up with our partners post-cleanup thanking them for their service and providing opportunities for further engagement.
- Engage the community, stakeholders, and volunteers in all things related to cleanup
Preferred requirements include:
- Basic knowledge of coastal/marine environmental issues
- Ability to load, unload and carry cleanup supplies (up to 50 lbs.)
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse partners, communities, and volunteers
- Strong social skills
- Must live in the Florida Keys or Miami-Dade County
This is an unpaid volunteer position.
About CoastLove, Inc
181 Key Deer Blvd, 414, 414, Big Pine Key, FL 33043, US
Our mission at Coastlove is to help end the ocean plastic and coastal degradation crisis through action, education, and empowerment while giving a voice to those who have been underrepresented. Cleanup. Restore. Educate. Empower.
CoastLove works to bridge the gap between coastal conservation issues and underrepresented communities. We address these issues through action, education, support, and on-the-ground projects and programs.
Examples of these programs are, providing resources that will reduce the consumption of single-use plastic, and providing youth in underrepresented communities to explore coastal areas and the oceans. (Protect What You Love)
We coordinate host community education, cleanup, and restoration events, as well as work with communities, businesses, and government agencies to address these issues. We also bring education and awareness to the public through our social media platforms. We are creating lasting change through the Florida Keys, with a vision to grow throughout the state of Florida, the Caribbean, and Central America.
Multiple locations Big Pine Key, FL 33043
January 25, 2023
- Habitat Restoration
- Environmental Education
- Public Relations
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- 8-10 hour weekly