Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Jara
Job Title: Fundraising Volunteer
Jara, https://www.joinjara.com/ , is the distance learning and e-learning solution for children in high-poverty, low-internet, and off-grid communities globally. Our mission is to reach the ~816 Million children in these situations, all who were left behind without access to education during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We built the Jara Unit, an off-grid charging e-learning device that can teach any e-learning content, in any language, anytime, anywhere. It charges off-grid with crank-power and solar-power, and does not need any internet to do educational content updates and to pull learning data. It is designed to work even in the most remote communities globally. All of our content is through partnerships with local e-learning platforms in each country/community. It is a learning tool for children and a teaching tool for teachers. Each child and teacher gets their own, so they can break their cycles of poverty and make their dreams come true.
Location: USA (remote)
We are seeking motivated individuals to join our team at Jara as Fundraising Volunteers. As a Fundraising Volunteer you will support Jara’s non-profit effort to raise funds for our global programs and initiatives. You will assist with a variety of tasks, including research, outreach, and fundraiser planning. This position offers a valuable opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the field of fundraising and to make a meaningful contribution to high poverty, global communities.
- Research potential donors and grant opportunities, and assist with the development of fundraising strategies and plans
- Draft fundraising materials, such as letters and proposals, and assist with the preparation of donor reports
- Coordinate and support fundraising events
- Assist with the implementation of online fundraising and in-person campaigns, such as crowdfunding and peer-to-peer fundraising
- Perform administrative tasks related to fundraising, such as scheduling and data entry, as needed
- Strong writing and research skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and basic office equipment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Interest in fundraising and non-profit organizations
- Enthusiasm for Jara and its mission
Jara is comprised of a team of volunteers. As such, this is a volunteer position with no compensation. However, you will gain valuable fundraising and mentorship experience and have the opportunity to make a positive impact in global communities.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply today by emailing email@example.com with information on your background why you would like to join us as a volunteer!
Thank you for your impact!
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
414 Brannan StreetSan Francisco, CA 94107
January 10, 2023
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK