Scholarship Application Readers Needed!
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Central Scholarship
Why do we need scholarship committee volunteers?
If awarding scholarships were based merely on financial need or academic merit - or a combination of the two - there would be no need for volunteers or committees. Computers can rank candidates by who is the neediest or who has the best grades, but they cannot measure heart, drive, desire, or talent - the characteristics that allow individuals to overcome hardships in life to become successful contributors to society.
This is why we need you.
Scholarship Committee Member Roles & Responsibilities
Listed below are some qualifications and commitments necessary to be a member of a Central Scholarship Review Committee:
- Willing to spend time individually evaluating and reviewing scholarship applications based on information and materials that will be supplied to you
- Willing to track/estimate the number of hours you spent reviewing applications and materials.
- Open to learning a numerical rating system and submitting written notes to keep in files to document process and decisions that were made
- Available for virtual training session(s) in March
- Ability to work with other reviewers in a team environment
- Commitment to revealing any conflict of interest with potential scholarship applicants
- Understand the need for fairness, objectivity, and non-discrimination within the scholarship selection process
- Ability to focus on the specific selection criteria in determining the award winners
- Recommend recipients for each assigned scholarship to the Senior Program Director (guidance on recommendations will be provided by Central Scholarship staff.
If you or someone you know is interested in using their passion and energy to assist Maryland students with pursuing higher education or career training, please complete the Central Scholarship Selection Committee Interest Form.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
6 Park Center Court, Suite 211Owings Mills, MD 21117
January 10, 2023