1 person is interested
Internal Website Webmaster
ORGANIZATION: North Alabama Zoological Society
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Job Function (duties and responsibilities):
We are looking for a Webmaster to maintain our internal website to meet North Alabama
Zoological Society staff and board user needs. You will be responsible for making sites
easy to use, attractive and secure.
In this role, you should be detail-oriented and an excellent communicator. Balancing a
creative eye with an analytical mind is essential. If you also have a strong technical
background, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will ensure the functionality and efficiency of web infrastructure.
● Build functional and easy-to-use websites
● Test websites across browsers, operating systems and devices
● Maintain, configure and troubleshoot servers
● Ensure site security by setting up firewalls and login pages
● Optimize loading speeds and capacity
● Debug pages and fix broken links or images
● Monitor and analyze site performance (e.g traffic, conversions)
● Address user complaints
The North Alabama Zoological Society (NALZS) is volunteer-run, and this is a volunteer
position. There is an understanding from the organization that the selected volunteer will be
using their own free time to accomplish the tasks of this position and their ability to commit time
will vary. The candidate can expect the minimum commitment to be 1-2 hours per week or 6
hours per month and the expectation of follow-through on the tasks the volunteer has agreed to
perform in the time agreed upon.
● BSc/BA in Computer Science. Design, or relevant field from a four-year accredited
college or university strongly preferred. ·
● Proven experience as a Webmaster, Web Designer, or similar role
● Knowledge of web analytics and SEO
● Familiarity with web standards
● Working knowledge of website management tools
● Strong troubleshooting and analytical abilities
● Excellent communication and teamwork skills
● Ability to generate creative ideas
● Attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
● Good time-management skills
● Great interpersonal and communication skills
About North Alabama Zoological Society
4100 Market St SW Suite 100, Huntsville, AL 35767, US
To create a world-class zoo and aquarium that: 1) will connect the communities and visitors of North Alabama with the world’s wildlife and wild purposes; 2) will be a standard of wildlife conservation action, research, and education; and 3) will inspire a better tomorrow.
We are a wildlife and nature conservation and education organization located in North Alabama. While our main goal is to open a zoo and aquarium, we engage the community everyday in doing education and conservation service.
Multiple locations Huntsville, AL 35811
January 9, 2023
- Website Programming
- Website Project Management
- Web Design