3 people are interested
OPEX : Scrum Master with Jira experience - (Unpaid, Volunteer role)
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
This is a pro bono volunteer position.
JerseySTEM is seeking a skilled Scrum Master to help implement and execute transformational organization outcomes. The candidate will have demonstrated expertise and application of Agile methodologies, techniques and frameworks, a successful track record of driving and facilitating teams, commitment to continuous learning and mindset of relentless improvement.
What can you expect in a Scrum Master role at JerseySTEM:
- Create tickets for the task with clear description along with the critical finish date.
- Prioritize stories for the backlog and keep the team organized and focused.
- Conduct weekly meetings and monitor the health of the Kanban board.
- Encourage team members to utilize JIRA for task management.
- Drive open communication with team members.
- Be the servant leader for the team members, mentoring/assisting them when needed.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and be "THE CHAMPION OF CHANGE".
- Experience using Jira, Kanban Board, Slack
- Excellent communication, analytical, mentoring and problem-solving skills
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification preferred
Minimum time commitment: 3 - 5 hours/week, for a minimum 6 months.
Virtual Locations, Florham Park, NJ 07901, US
JerseySTEM is a grassroots 501(c) nonprofit organization dedicated to bringing Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math ("STEM") education to girls grade 5-8 from underserved communities in New Jersey. We partner with socially responsible companies and their employees, youth organizations in underserved communities, and civic-minded college students and universities. Together we develop and deliver innovative, hands-on, and online afterschool projects and inquiry-based learning opportunities that develop teamwork, 21st-century problem-solving skills, and self-esteem.
Incorporated in 2013, JerseySTEM started bringing afterschool enrichment programs to middle school girls in 2015.
We have since provided 1,000 students with exposure to afterschool enrichment programs delivering more than 20,000 hours of instruction. Students learn to code, build robots, solve problems and through that process gain self-esteem and confidence that they can be the leaders of tomorrow.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
February 1, 2023
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Minimum time commitment: 3 - 5 hours/week, for a minimum 6 months.
- Unpaid, Volunteer role.