Girls on the Run Coach/Mentor
ORGANIZATION: GIRLS ON THE RUN OF THE SHENANDOAH VALLEY
Please visit the new page to apply.
Girls on the Run coaches are trained volunteers who lead a team of participants through a season of powerful and fun lessons. You do not need to be a runner; you simply need to have the desire to support and encourage the next generation. Coaches receive all the tools and support they need and find they get as much out of coaching as they give.
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- Complete our Coach Registration Application
- Consent to and complete a background check (provided by GOTR)
- Complete First Aid/CPR training, if needed (provided by GOTR)
- Attend and finish National Coach Training
- Commit to the season’s practice schedule, which is two times per week after school
- Get to know and understand your co-coaches to serve your team better.
- Have fun while serving as a role model for program participants.
- Review, prepare and supervise weekly lessons (curriculum provided by Girls on the Run).
- Collaborate with other coaches for successful lesson delivery.
- Commit for the entire season (practices and end-of-season 5K event).
- Facilitate communication with parents/guardians of program participants
- Season starts February 9, Ends April 22
- Submit your Coach Application by: January 6, 2023
- Must attend one of the National Coach Training in January -
- Saturday, January 21th Harrisonburg, VA
- Saturday, January 28th, Eastern Panhandle
- Sunday, January 29th, Winchester, VA
- The end of season 5K date: April 22, 2023
- James Rumsey Technical Institute
- Hampshire Wellness & Fitness
- Hardy County Health & Wellness Center
- Driswood Elementary
- Mill Creek Intermediate
Team Locations/days/times: https://www.girlsontherunsv.org/locations
More information about coaching/registration link: https://www.girlsontherunsv.org/coach
QUESTIONS email us! email@example.com
About GIRLS ON THE RUN OF THE SHENANDOAH VALLEY
Winchester, WINCHESTER, VA 22601, US
We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident, using a fun experience based curriculum which creatively integrates running. We envision a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams.
Girls on the Run is a transformational physical activity-based positive youth development program for girls in 3rd to 8th grade designed to develop and enhance girls’ competencies to navigate life experiences successfully. Girls learn how to be a good a friend, choose good friends, conflict resolution, make healthy choices, and so much more while training for an end-of-season 5K.
68 Heritage CircleRomney, WV 26757
January 8, 2023
- Youth Services
- Child Development
- Must be at least 18
- 90 minutes twice a week for 10 weeks
- Complete coach training/complete a background check.