Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: H.Y.P.E. to Empower, Inc.
The challenges facing those most impacted by HIV/AIDS are systemic, multifaceted, interconnected, and rooted in a larger system of oppression. While the system of oppression has always had life-threatening consequences for those impacted by it, the consequences for those most impacted by HIV/AIDS become a public health issue. At H.Y.P.E. we try to create programs that transform youth, young adults, families, and communities living and impacted with HIV and AIDS into fearless young leaders who utilize their unique position to dismantle the structural systems that support housing inequality for people living with HIV/AIDS.
As part of the volunteer team, you and a team of volunteer individuals will design and create supporting documents and materials and develop any additional tools that will help support the current and future participant programs. Through this process, you will provide administrative support to team members throughout the planning and implementing of educational, charitable, or professional programs. Duties include communicating between program participants and managerial staff, creating, and updating program schedules, and assisting in the planning and managing program events.
HYPE is looking for various backgrounds and skills to help the organization.
Participant Materials/Document Creation
- Collect and organize all supporting materials and resources
- Identify supporting materials and resources
- Identify possible partnering organizations
- Act as a reviewer and editor
- Create participant Contracts and introduction materials
- Develop and update all participant content and information forms
- Call and update participants
- Conduct Participants Interviews
- Develops and implement timelines and master planning schedules
Additional help needed that needs to be included: Please bring your skills to the table!
Time, Tools, Location:
- We work off Eastern Standard Time
- We do not have set hours per week.
- We work off weekly check-ins. We expect you, as a volunteer to manage your hours to meet check-ins.
- All Volunteering positions will be held virtual (via Zoom)
- This is a remote volunteer opportunity.
- Meaning you can be located anywhere in the United States, provided you have a computer and a reliable internet connection.
- This opportunity is flexible. However, we will work on the deadlines needed to ensure successful deadlines.
Preferred Qualifications and skills:
- Be willing to experiment, comfortable trying new things, not afraid to fail, and interested in HIV/AIDS and LGBTQ matters.
- Microsoft Office
- Time management, Interpersonal skills, Strong people skills., Organizational skills, Ability to meet deadlines, and Ability to work independently.
- Strong written communication skills: writing clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
1530 DeKalb Avenue NortheastAtlanta, GA 30307
January 8, 2023
- Public Advocacy