DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Beautiful Broken Vessels
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
We are looking for board members who are diverse in multiple fields, such as marketing, finance, admin/writing, social work, teaching, accounting and more. We would prefer those who have previous board member experience but it is not mandatory. We would also like 1 board member to wear multiple hats; with the ability to build an ad-hoc team to help with their duties.
Below are some of the positions we are looking for with a small blurb for each. Please email us at email@example.com more for information.
The Marketing Committee Chair, which is a volunteer position; is responsible for executing a marketing strategy, clearly communicating and promoting Beautiful Broken Vessels’ mission within the community.
- Maintain a list of media contacts and proactively reach out to various media for upcoming events
- Photograph projects, special events, ceremonies, dedications, staff, registrants, and others on an on‐going basis; providing a steady stream of pictures for newsletters, email blasts, marketing materials, social networking sites, our website and more.
- Responsible for posting news, event reminders and success stories by using pictures to tell impact statements on our social networking sites as needed (Facebook, Instagram or other social media outlets) in order to reach a broad audience to spike interest, feedback, and participation in fundraising events and program offerings.
Oversee and manage organizations financial reports, financial management, execution of duties that balance the budget and impact public perception, trust and assurance.
- Reconciling bank statements
- Manage cash flow
- Know how to and who has access to organizations funds
- Knowledgeable regarding bills, debts owed
- Present balanced budget
The secretary should be knowledgeable of the organization’s records and related materials, and should be able to provide advice and resources to the board on relevant topics at issue, such as particular governance matters being addressed at a meeting or a new amendment to state corporate law, for example.
- knowing and complying with notice requirements and scheduling meetings to accommodate the directors.
- scheduling board meetings and should ensure an adequate number of meetings are held per year, in accordance with the organization’s bylaws
- charged with recording minutes of meetings
- responsible for maintaining accurate documentation and meeting legal requirements, such as annual filing deadlines
T he Vice President plans, develops and enforces policies and objectives for the organization; ensuring it maintains its values, while meeting the established goals.
- Engages businesses and citizens to support the cause or mission of the organization. Creating fundraising ideas alongside Fundraising Chair, implementing fundraising events and personal involvement with the fundraising activities
- Creates public awareness initiatives and ensures the organization is visible to the community and those interested in assisting the organization; by working in tandem with the Marketing Chair.
- Guarantee reports from each chair are submitted in a timely manner on a monthly, semiannually and or annual basis to create a collaborative summary. These reports include suggestions and ideas on how to improve the non-profit's performance.
The Fundraising Chair will work in tandem with the Treasurer to make sure the annual Operating/Net Working Capital goals are steadily met. They will construct and provide monthly reports for the Board meetings as well as potential grant funders.
- Oversee fundraising events
- Manage large gifts and donor relations
- Solicit sponsors for fundraising events
- Locate and build rapport with companies that provide "donation match" opportunities for employees
- Grant proposals/writing
- Training can be provided if needed
The Recruitment Chair, is responsible for building relationships within the community, churches and area schools to increase knowledge of the organization; while simultaneously increasing participant and donor connections.
- Facilitate communication between staff, committee, and board
- Oversee presentations to build rapport and recognition within the community
- Maintain a running contact list of community organization leaders
- Responsible for providing pamphlets and other information to different community organizations
- Create and present reports to the Board of Directors monthly
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Beautiful Broken Vessels
1 Floretta Pl, Unit 80554, Raleigh, NC 27623, US
Our mission is to educate and transform the lifestyle of adolescents and young women as they learn to love self and curate healthy relationships. Beautiful Broken Vessels will bring about awareness of toxic and abusive relationships. We will work towards preventing toxic cycles while cultivating a platform of self-love and healing. Beautiful Broken Vessels will provide therapeutic, self-improvement and self-empowerment services; ultimately, emboldening women to grasp their true value, worth and life’s purpose in the way that God intended.
Beautiful Broken Vessels was established in 2020 to serve the public and bring awareness to the public heath crisis around domestic violence and sexual assault. Beautiful Broken Vessels is an organization founded to prevent young ladies from entering the cycle of abuse.
Beautiful Broken Vessels is a nonprofit agency providing educational, therapeutic, self-improvement and self-empowerment services for adolescents and young adults in the Triangle, Greater Triad and surrounding areas. Beautiful Broken Vessels goal is to provide resources and knowledge to young ladies so they can be strengthened to prevent themselves from entering into abusive and toxic relationships by providing preventive measures through psychoeducation in the form of therapeutic, self-improvement and self-empowerment services; promoting healthy relationships with self, inner circle and intimate partner relationships.
Beautiful Broken Vessels will focus on adolescents and young adults who are very impressionable during this phase where intersectionality and positionality amongst young adults within different generations (i.e. millennials, gen-z, gen-x, etc); affects how information is processed as well as their view of self as they transition into adulthood.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 7, 2023
- Administrative Support
- Market Research / Analysis
- Social Media / Blogging
- Grant Writing / Research
- Up to 8-10 hours/week; which will be a fluid from week to week depending on what is needed for the organization and your personal schedule.