2 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: BERKELEY HISTORICAL SOCIETY & MUSEUM
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
We are looking for a very detail-oriented person to maintain our membership database in FileMaker Pro. There are around 300 current members, and each month from 10 to 50 "actions" including sending letters to those whose membership expiration date is approaching and acknowledgment postcards to those who have paid, plus preparing a monthly report for the board. The membership forms and payments are first handled by the treasurer, who passes the info on to the membership secretary monthly. So the work is concentrated in the first half of each month and would probably take about 10-12 hours on your home computer. If you are interested in also serving on the board, it meets monthly on the 2nd Monday evening, but we don't think it essential that the Membership Secretary be a board member.
Please indicate all relevant experience, especially any familiarity with FileMaker Pro.
About BERKELEY HISTORICAL SOCIETY & MUSEUM
PO BOX 1190, BERKELEY, CA 94701, US
The mission of the Berkeley Historical Society is to foster appreciation and understanding of our city’s unique history by residents and visitors alike through research, collection, preservation, exhibition and publication of historical records, photographs, artifacts and other media.
Our Society is run by volunteers, who do many things:
- Organize at least two exhibitions per year
- Discover and collect documentary materials and artifacts
- Preserve the collections for future generations
- Organize the collections so they are accessible
- Present walking tours, lectures, concerts, workshops and social events
- Conduct and publish oral history interviews
- Produce a quarterly newsletter full of history articles
- Publish books, booklets and postcards
- Provide reference and referral services
- Assist visitors with research, free of charge
- Produce and show films and videos
- Collaborate on projects with other organizations and individuals
- Envision the Berkeley history museum of the future
- Administer a website, a YouTube channel, and a Facebook group
1931 Center StreetBerkeley, CA 94704
January 7, 2023
- Data Entry
- Database Administration
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Estimate is 10-12 hours/month
- Attention to exact spelling, dates, amounts, etc.