1 person is interested
Program Assistant - The Walking Right Project
ORGANIZATION: FAMILY DEVELOPMENT AND SAMARITAN FOUNDATION INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
This volunteer opportunity will run from January 21,2023,to December 18,2023, with a three-day orientation and one-week mandatory virtual training. The schedule for this position is flexible. The Program Assistant will perform these duties with the assistance of the Program Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as main contact for the project in the absence of the program Manager
- Assist the program manager perform the daily tasks needed to complete the project
- Assist in the planning and management of the project
- Prepare documentation for donations
- Contact different organizations to receive shoes donations
- Attend staff meetings and take meeting minutes
- Respond to email and answer phone calls
- Write project reports
- Assisting in making travel arrangements for volunteers
Preferred Qualification and Skills:
- Positive attitude, vibrant, energetic, willingness to bring new ideas and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be willing to work independently.
- Confident in speaking with new people from diverse backgrounds.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational, communication, and time-management skills.
- Resourcefulness, creativity, and problem-solving skillset
- Strong cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Demonstrate use of computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams, and Outlook.
- Must be comfortable with deadlines and have a reliable working computer or laptop.
- Ability to compose and edit correspondence, reports, and summaries
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Open minded and eager to learn new skills, software usage, Office.com/training
How to Apply:
- Apply Here: https://forms.office.com/r/3nvxKkLvwM
- Although this is advertised as an unpaid volunteer/internship opportunity, students can use this opportunity to receive credits for their courses or Capstone programs. Stipends can/will be provided to students based on program funding.
At Family Development and Samaritan Foundation, Inc (FDSF), we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.
Family Development and Samaritan Foundation, Inc (FDSF) is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other protected category.
About FAMILY DEVELOPMENT AND SAMARITAN FOUNDATION INC
PO BOX 4562, UPPER MARLBORO, MD 20775, US
Family Development and Samaritan Foundation (FDSF) is dedicated to empowering and fostering the lives of children and families through quality education and guidance. Primarily, FDSF seeks for the positive growth and development of youth, especially those who are underserved and underrepresented in our community.
The Family Development Samaritan Foundation (FDSF) has a projection for the advancement and personal growth of those we serve. FDSF believes that success is not the attainment of knowledge and skills, but also the impact made by what has been attained. FDSF goes beyond equipping the youth and makes long-lasting impacts that have positively affected generations.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 6, 2023
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- Orientation or Training
- 1 Year (min. 10 hours - max. 15 hours weekly)
- Requirements: Available to begin on start date February 1st, 2023. Able to attend mandatory training. Able to participate in team meetings.