Learning For Success
ORGANIZATION: Learning for Success, Inc
Please visit the new page to apply.
- Kids and the Power of Work (KAPOW) for elementary or My Future Is Now (MFIN) for secondary schools: Teach our simple and fun in-school lessons that help students discover different jobs, what it takes to do them, how to connect their skills and abilities with a future job, and the skills necessary for success in any job, like positive work habits, communication and decision-making. Bring students to your workplace or one that we secure for real-life work experiences to culminate the program.
- LearningFROMSuccess: Deliver a special one-time presentation or record an interview to share your career path, and the challenges you faced and overcame to succeed in work, and life.
- SolutionsForChange: Interview with middle and high school students regarding social justice issues, who then create "Plans for Change" that they can present via service learning projects.
About Learning for Success, Inc
5532 SW 114th Ave, Cooper City, FL 33330, US
We bring volunteers into schools to teach kids about work, and how to be a success - like you!
Incorporated on June 21, 2002,Learning for Success, Inc. (LFS) manages a network of South Florida business and community volunteers and educators who implement The Kids and the Power of Work (KAPOW) (elementary schools) My Future Is Now (MFIN) (secondary schools), SolutionsForChange, LearningFROMSuccess, and Collaborations programs.
Our programs began with one school and business and 250 students. The program now serves 8000 students annually in 82 elementary, middle and K-8 South Florida schools. More than 400 community volunteers from 150 businesses and 440 educators participate in the program. Seventy percent of the students are minorities (primarily Hispanic and African American) who qualify for free or reduced lunch.
RELATE - Volunteers help young people relate what they are learning in school to its application in work and in life.
REINFORCE - "I know your teacher told you that reading, writing and math are important. I couldn't do my job without them!"
CONNECT - We want to connect our students, teachers and schools with our volunteers, their businesses, and the community, so that we can all take part in creating successful adults.
Multiple locations Miami, FL 33178
January 6, 2023
- Teaching / Instruction
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour up to 25 hours per year
- Comfortable with young people, communication presentation skills