RESOVLE TO VOLUNTEER with RED CROSS
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross
Please visit the new page to apply.
PURPOSE: This position supports the Regional Disaster Cycle Services department. To serve on a Disaster Action Team as a worker (in-training) on a DAT response to provide 24-hour immediate support and assistance to individuals and families who have been impacted by a home fire or other local disaster.
- Works as part of an assigned team to respond to local disasters within two hours.
- Delivers immediate direct client assistance in accordance with Red Cross standards and procedures.
- Works with on-scene lead to assess whether additional resources/support are required and communicates those needs to DAT Leadership.
- Attends regularly scheduled team/DAT meetings as required by Chapter/Region.
- Commits to being available during assigned shifts and communicate scheduling conflicts with DAT Leadership.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by DAT Leadership.
- Willingness to comply with Red Cross COVID-19 policies for in-person volunteer activities.
- Demonstrated commitment to mission of the American Red Cross
- Remains current with all required training
- Able to respond reliably when on call
- Able to follow Red Cross DAT and other related standards and procedures
- Ability to learn and use Red Cross systems, including RC Respond and online interfaces
- Ability to work in challenging and stressful conditions such as poor air quality, uneven ground, adverse weather, etc.
- Must have a valid driver's license and/or a timely, reliable way to get to the scene
- Ability to take direction from steady state and operational leadership.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Stand for two-hour periods
- Sit for two-hour periods
- Walk on uneven terrain
- Walk for two miles during a shift
- Work in extreme heat and/or humidity
- Work in extreme cold
- Spend hours writing
- Speak clearly on the phone and in person
- Climb two or more flights of stairs
- Drive in daytime and at night
About American Red Cross
520 E Chestnut St, Louisville, KY 40202, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Varies based on event locationHAZARD, KY 41701
January 6, 2023
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Disaster Response
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 12 HOURS PER MONTH