Blood Donor Ambassador - Suffolk
ORGANIZATION: AMERICAN RED CROSS
Please visit the new page to apply.
This position supports the Regional Biomedical Services department. This opportunity requires participation with in-person activities and/or performing work in a Red Cross facility.
The purpose of the Blood Donor Ambassador is to provide excellent and enthusiastic customer service to enhance the blood donor experience. Engage with blood donors to promote blood donation and set the stage for a long-term commitment to regular blood donations. Assist donors with re-hydrating after donation and observe for post-donation reactions. Express gratitude and ensure each blood donor is sincerely thanked for their donation.
All Donor Ambassador roles (Mobile Blood Drives and Fixed Sites)
- Support Red Cross staff by being helpful, flexible, and patient
- Greet donors, explain the donation process as necessary and assist with initial intake and hand offs through the blood donation process
- Manage donor flow and direct donors to Check-In
- Model excellent customer service behaviors.
- Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately while creating a favorable impression of the blood donation process.
- Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values
- Work with collections team supervisor or charge staff to match donor’s blood type with the best product for maximum impact (Right Type Mix)
- Check Post Donation Info and time
- Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas
- Provide customer service to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is recognized for his/her contribution.
- Check that donor has their post-donation information before leaving the drive
- Report possible adverse post-donation physical reactions to the collections staff. Protect donors from injury during adverse reactions (if able without hurting self)
- May be asked to sanitize/disinfect donor areas and beds
- May make reminder/cancellation calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed
- Willingness to comply with Red Cross COVID-19 policies.
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Ability to display the utmost professionalism and communication skills
- Extremely comfortable working with people from diverse communities and backgrounds
- Ability to understand technology needed for position: Donor Check-in, Donor Tablet, Rapid Pass, Donor App, Book Now and Ability to explain/teach technology to donors and fellow volunteers
- Ability to understand and explain Right Type Mix to donors
- Ability to regularly commit to schedule, arrive punctually and adapt to a change driven culture
About AMERICAN RED CROSS
2825 Emerywood Parkway, Richmond, VA 23294, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Multiple locations Suffolk, VA 23432
January 6, 2023
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Preferred commitment: 1+ shift/month, average shift is 5-6 hours
- Bilingual is not a requirement, but is helpful.