Food & Wine Prize Manager
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Reach the WorldPosition Description: Food & Wine Prize Manager
Do you have a passion for global education and international exchange? Do you believe in grassroots programs that leverage volunteer energies for a social good? Are you excited by events and production?
Reach the World is seeking a young-professionalvolunteer looking to advance their networking, fundraising and event management skills for a 'team lead’ position of Reach the World’s 2023 Benefit Committee.
This volunteer position reports to RTW's Development Manager. Working approximately 5 hours a week, you have a flexible start date in early January and run until the gala in the spring. The position is unpaid. The volunteer who secures the most donations will receive two tickets to the event and is entered into the raffle!Responsibilities:
- Event Planning: Participate in bi-weekly evening meetings; lead the strategy for securing food & wine prize donations for the silent auction; manage other volunteers
- Food & Wine Industry Outreach and Donor Management: Reach out to donors in person, through email and over the phone to secure a minimum of 25 food & wine prizes for the silent auction (restaurants, food/wine/candy/chocolate baskets, take-home dessert); leverage network to increase donations; manage relationships with donors in the food/beverage industry
- Gala Volunteering: Volunteer at the event (unless you plan to purchase a ticket and attend)
- Organized self-starter
- Fearless communicator
- Works well under pressure
- Team player
- Experience planning events and/or volunteering with a nonprofit is a bonus
Reach the World makes the benefits of travel accessible to classrooms, inspiring students to become curious, confident global citizens. Enabled by our virtual exchange platform, classrooms and volunteer travelers explore the world together.
Every year since 2001, Reach the World has held an annual benefit to fundraise for the organization. The event includes cocktails, a silent auction, a sit-down dinner, and an award presentation at the end of the evening. This year's Cronkite Award will be given to a prominent honoree - stay tuned!
The success of Reach the World's event is entirely dependent on the volunteer Benefit Committee members whose work and creativity make the event possible. Volunteering for RTW is a substantive way to gain event experience, network with other NYC professionals, and give back to a good cause.How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone, email, mail, or fax inquiries will receive a response. Thank you for your interest in joining Reach the World on its exciting journey!
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
222 Broadway18th FloorNew York, NY 10038
January 6, 2023
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK