Client Transportation Driver
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Gaithersburg HELP
Drive our Gaithersburg seniors and adults with disabilities to medical and social service appointments in the local area. Usually, wait with client and then return client to home. For lengthy appointments, return and pick up client when client is ready.
Must have valid driver's license, clean driving record, auto insurance, and access to a reliable vehicle. A background/MVA check will be performed.
General duties include:
- Logging into the client database to book clients requests for rides and/or do so via email.
- Contacting clients at the time of booking the rides and contacting clients the day before their appointment to verify desired pickup time and destination addresses too.
- Transporting the clients to and from their medical or service appointment; target destinations are generally within a 20-mile radius of downtown Gaithersburg.
Requirements for Volunteer Drivers
Our volunteer drivers:
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must have an active Maryland driver’s license in good standing (a chauffeur's license is not required)
- Since drivers will use their own vehicles for client appointments, your vehicle must be registered in Maryland, and have vehicle insurance with personal auto liability limits of at least 30,000/$60,000, the Maryland minimum
Minimum Age for Volunteers: 21
We need volunteers who are free: Weekdays
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Gaithersburg, MD 20878
January 6, 2023
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK