Volunteer Manager (Volunteer Position)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: STEM Montessori Academy of Canada
Are you looking to gain experience in a field where the goal is to positively impact other like-minded individuals wanting to make a difference in a superb educational setting? We are looking to bring on a hard-working volunteer coordinator that would be responsible for onboarding all new volunteer recruits.
Time commitment would be 2-4 hours weekly.
STEM Montessori Academy of Canada (SMAC) is a regional STEM program open to all students with the mission to deliver top-notch STEM literacy and application. The STEM program l educates students from preschool to high school.
SMAC specializes in an advanced, bar-none STEM-based educational curriculum that emphasizes the interconnected subject areas of science, technology, engineering, and math.
· Delivering and maintaining an understanding of the organization’s mission to all new volunteers
· Scheduling and conducting training sessions
· Checking in and providing regular support to ensure new volunteers feel a part of the team
· Work alongside HR team to ensure all necessary paperwork is completed
· Following procedure training manual to ensure all volunteers receive the same level of training
· Referring new recruits to other team members for their specialized needs
· Able to work in a team environment
· Experience with following and delivering a training program
· Problem-solving and interpersonal skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Highly collaborative and mission-focused individual
What’s in it for you?
· Volunteer hours
· Job reference letter (if required)
· On-the-job training and experience in the field.
We are strongly committed to equity and diversity within our community. We welcome and encourage applications from all religious backgrounds, persons of color, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, and others who can contribute to the diversification of our community.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
24 Alexander StreetBrampton, ON L6V 1H6Canada
January 6, 2023