volunteering in the Peruvian Andes, gender empowerment, organization and self-esteem with women's
ORGANIZATION: Minka project
Please visit the new page to apply.
our organization invites you to participate and develop your professional skills in a project aimed at providing support and assistance to women and girls who come from migrant families in areas of the Peruvian Andes and who have been affected by political violence and who suffer in the current social, economic and gender marginalization.
The project is being developed in diverse populations of the Peruvian Andes in extreme poverty (see poverty map in Peru). The focus is on dysfunctional families that suffer from problems of sexism, domestic violence, alcoholism, among others that affect their physical and emotional health, as well as a normal development and social, cultural and economic integration in today's society.
It is also important to keep in mind that most of these people have emotional or psychological consequences that were sadly inherited from the past internal war that Peru suffered in the 1980s and 1990s and today in certain rural areas.
We intervene directly in these areas and communities, using a holistic approach and carrying out direct social work. We offer talks, workshops and direct visits (psychology, organization, emotional support and more), as well as activities related to economic education, promoting the organization of groups and mutual support so that they can face their difficult situation.
We are a social project that promotes an alternative form of non-commercial volunteering, which operates with a flat structure and works directly with the communities to promote their self-development. Our projects are carried out in the same communities and towns, with our own hands and resources, without intermediaries.
What do we offer?
- Personalized advice from an advisor with professional training and experience in social, human rights and cultural issues and social processes.
- Work and join a team with Human treatment and quite united
- certificate issued by a legal non-profit organization
- Improve your level of Spanish theoretically and above all practice.
- many courses and exchange experiences in: Peruvian foods, desserts, crafts, stories, Latin and native dances among others
- On weekends, non-commercial excursions to many places such as Andean mountains and lakes, artisan villages, pre-Inca ruins, waterfalls in jungle areas and other interesting places.
- (optional) experience mysticism, Inka / Andean holistic healing, awareness and emotional balance based on Andean culture.
- Detailed information on the various Andean and Inka cultures, their history, music, folklore and worldview, travel and the geography of Peru.
- minimum age: 20 years
- It is very important to have the ability and patience to deal with little girls (ages 5 to 9) and women of all ages.
- It would be ideal to possess skills or interests related to yoga, fitness, holistic energy health and related spiritual philosophies.
- Possess an open, adaptable and positive mindset.
- energy and able to accept challenges
- have the ability to work with young and adult women
- Ability to integrate and work in a multicultural team.
- suggested minimum period is eight weeks, it can be adapted to the dates that suit both parties (limited vacancies)
- Basic Spanish level (optional)
Relevant Note:For the period of 2022, only international interns are accepted because the number of vacancies per internship in our organization is limited
Our organization is led by people with motivation, training and extensive experience in humanitarian and social areas, our work has more than 10 years of intense social work, this gives us the necessary experience and offers genuine work, where you can develop your skills. , professional experience and achieve a rewarding form of personal growth, your skills are integrated as part of a team, we are not improvised in this matter, our social work is direct in areas where there is a great need for help for people in situation of extreme poverty (focused mainly in the Andes of Peru) and where the true culture of Peru still survives. Andean culture, cradle of Inca civilization.
We also combine this with an intense and fun experience of cultural exchange, excursions and non-commercial expeditions to many interesting places in the mountains / jungle, practical courses: from languages or native culture to food, dances, desserts, drinks based on native plants, Andean worldview and culture etc.
If you are one of the people who want to do a real and rewarding job in places where you can still see the living Inca-Andean culture far from traditional tourism circuits and experience the true native culture in many of its interesting facets, this is your place.
About Minka project
pedro galvez 7312 el tambo, Huancayo, Junin, Peru, El Tambo-Huancayo, Junin PE0001, PE
Minka in the Quechua language means reciprocal aid, and in Peru, it represents a social volunteer project that works directly in the most vulnerable and poor populations that are mainly located in the Peruvian Andes (see map of the poverty in Peru), its mission is Improve the quality of life of these people and populations, with projects that promote self-development, not only from the material aspect, but also, in obtaining better and better knowledge, mainly in improving their self-esteem and re-value their culture As a means for these same Persons to be builders of their own personal and community improvement.
organization since 2009 by people with real motivation and social training, working hard and continuously with the help of volunteers in areas and people who need real help, has a fairly horizontal organization and Teamwork, you are not treated as a "client", here you are considered a human being with a great heart and many skills that will be well used for the benefit of people who most need, reciprocity, mutual help and fellowship are their main Pillars.
Julio llanos 12345, El Tambo Huancayo PeruHuancayo, Peru
January 5, 2023
- Child Care
- Spiritual Healing
- Problem Solving
- Social Work
- Must be at least 20
- *we suggest a minimum time of 8 weeks (can be expandable)