Board Chair Position
ORGANIZATION: Prince Inc
Please visit the new page to apply.
Board Chair serves as advisor to the Executive Director (ED) and other board members, and will provide leadership to Prince, Inc as it transitions from a newly formed 501(c)(3) organization into a sustainable national entity. The Board Chair will support and sustain the work of the organization, and provide governance leadership and strategic fundraising support. Specific responsibilities include
- Developing and managing relationships and communicating with: funders, partners, and other stakeholders.
- As a board member, approving the approving the annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics.
- Acting as an ambassador for the organization.
- In collaboration with the ED, generating substantial annual revenue and fostering Prince’s overall financial health.
- Identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major individual donors, corporate, and/or foundation gifts.
- Ensuring that 100 percent of Prince’s board members make an annual contribution that is commensurate with their capacity.
About Prince Inc
Natomas, Sacramento, CA 95835, US
Prince Inc exists to nurture a safe place of healing and triumph for youth victims of trauma. Through the provision of protection programs, self-advocacy, counseling, and mentorship, Prince Inc will inspire transformative mindsets and successful transitions into adulthood for trauma-impacted youth.
Prince serves as a nonprofit dedicated to helping middle school and high school aged youth overcome their adverse childhood experiences. We offer opportunities for children to build community with their peers, develop a sense of belonging within their community, rebuild family relationships, offer a positive environment where youth can learn to heal, and help them help others cope. Prince was born in honor of Princeton Morris, who always tried to bring light to his community despite the adversities faced.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 5, 2023
- Public Relations
- Strategic Planning
- Financial Planning
- Donor Management
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- 10-12 hours per month
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals.