Become a Science or Math Teacher in Colorado
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: EnCorps, Inc.
The EnCorps STEM Teachers Fellowship recruits, selects, develops and supports the best and brightest STEM professionals and military veterans, as an innovative, long-term solution to the shortage of high quality, impactful educators for students in low income schools.
STEM Teaching Fellowship
Racial and socioeconomic opportunity gaps persist in our schools today. There is a 26% or greater gap in math achievement between white students and students of color. We believe in the power of STEM to offer opportunities to students who need it most. You can change this by becoming a STEM teacher.
EnCorps STEM Teachers Program’s vision is to realize a day where all students, regardless of socioeconomic status, are inspired and prepared to pursue their dreams. STEM Teaching Fellows explore the process to become a teacher within 1-3 years with the support of EnCorps training, guest teaching field experience, licensing guidance, EnCorps cohort of peers and the EnCorps network of schools. When you become an EnCorps Fellow, you will provide access to quality education within low income schools, supporting students who need your mentorship the most.
Teaching Fellowship details:
- EnCorps will place you in a local partner school for 1 semester where you will spend 2-5 hours per week as a volunteer Guest Teacher
- Fellows train online/on-demand and at 3 in-person cohort events each year by participating in enhanced skills preparation workshops
- Fellows receive extensive support and mentoring from the EnCorps staff, their cohort, and EnCorps’ network of schools
- With the help of EnCorps, you will explore a transition to teaching and if desired, your unique timeline to become a paid teacher, in as little as 9 months, or 3 years depending on your personal goals
- Fellows can earn their teaching credential from a university partner over the course of 4-14 months
*Find out more about the timeline and teaching credential options at https://encorps.org/teaching-fellowship/
- Have a bachelor's degree
- Have at least 1 year of hands-on STEM industry work experience or have an advanced degree in a STEM field*
- Financial plan to participate in unpaid Guest Teaching for one semester
For more specific eligibility and FAQ’s, please see https://www.encorps.org/teaching-fellowship/eligibility
*Looking for backgrounds in: Accounting, finance, banking, mathematics, statistics, data analyst, computer programmer, IT, coding, product manager, engineering (civil, mechanical, ALL), healthcare, scientific research, biotech, lab work, etc.
EnCorps’ Diversity Statement
At EnCorps, we challenge current educational inequalities by connecting low income schools with high quality STEM educators to eliminate the systemic injustice preventing children of color from entering the future STEM workforce. By recruiting, training and supporting diverse and committed STEM professionals to volunteer and teach in communities most impacted by oppressive systems, we are able to provide opportunities and access to quality STEM education. We will continue to create learning opportunities that challenge assumptions and push our team to transform practices that better serve students in the communities we serve.
Want to inspire the next generation of STEM leaders? Join EnCorps today!
Hear from an EnCorps Fellow about why they decided to teach: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waf-mAvcNjM
Not interested in teaching? Become a volunteer STEMx Math Tutor:
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Golden, CO 90278
January 5, 2023
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK