Financial Analyst Volunteer - Blockchain
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: M4A FOUNDATION - CROWDDOING
Blockchain and cryptocurrencies have become important technologies for social innovation. At Crowd Doing, we are using them in several projects, from building indexes to supporting solar energy.
There is a cryptocurrency that seeks to make solar panels affordable for everyone and thereby to vastly increase their usage worldwide. Installed solar panels will receive a certain number of cryptocurrency tokens, then, as network effects increases the value of the tokens, incentive for increasing the usage of solar panels is created.
As a first phase, we are looking to target the hotel sector. We are looking to build a hotel rewards program using these solar energy tokens. Our first step is to prototype the rewards program. We need to analyze the most popular hotel rewards programs, then design a new one that will incorporate the solar energy tokens.
● Analyze the financial model behind top consumer rewards programs, understand their business models and their workflows with a focus on hotel rewards programs
● Analyze the financial flows behind cryptocurrency dynamics on exchanges
● Develop strategies for cryptocurrency usage in rewards programs
● Convert complex data and findings into understandable tables, graphs, and written reports.
● Participate in discussions in department-wide and smaller team meetings
● Coordinate with project team members to triage and resolve issues
● Meet requirements and deadlines, escalate risks that will directly impact project timelines and deliverables
to the Project Manager
● Background in investment banking, investment research, or investment-related financial analysis preferred.
● Experience with impact investing highly desirable
● Experience in working with consumer products, especially non-physical consumer products preferred.
● Exposure to the hotel sector or cryptocurrencies preferred.
● Experience working with consumer rewards programs, for example airlines rewards programs is a plus.
● Ability to work in a distributed team, managing multiple projects.
● Comfortable with agile framework and strong project documentation skills.
Attributes for Success
● Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups
● Self-starter, able to work virtually and independently
● Comfortable working in a startup phase non-profit organization
4/17/2019 FinancialAnalyst_SolarCoin - Google Docs
Match4Action connects those wanting to volunteer their skills with those in need for remote or local project
support, advice, collaboration and mentoring.
Our smart technology platform uses the latest machine learning, artificial intelligence and virtual assistants to match the demand for resources for social impact with the skills and resources available, anywhere in the world. We use blockchain to create and manage a social impact currency.
This unique, self-sustainable open platform has one key purpose: accelerating social impact through collaboration and linking local projects with our global presence.
The M4A Foundation is charged with creating maximum social impact globally towards the resolution of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals as defined by the United Nations. CrowdDoing initiative intends (hereafter, "CrowdDoing") to help social innovation, the social enterprise sector and systemic change. CrowdDoing’s leadership team includes CrowdDoing Project Management, CrowdDoing Impact Potential Department, CrowdDoing People Management Department, CrowdDoing Technology Department and other internal departments.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
3325 Besana DriveEl Dorado Hills, CA 95762
January 5, 2023
- WEEKENDS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK