Paralegal/ Case worker-Immigration Program
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: United African Organization
United African Organization (UAO) is currently seeking an enthusiastic volunteer to join their team.
Under the supervision of the Citizenship and Immigration Coordinator, tasks assigned would include:
- Assist with client intakes during consultation appointments. This includes helping client fill out intake form, take notes during client consultation and type notes up, make photocopies of documentation to be added to client file etc;
- Conduct legal research on various immigration matters and summarize research in legal memorandum citing relevant sources;
- Draft cover letters and correspondence with USCIS and other immigration agencies;
- Help filling out immigration forms;
- Listen to Webinars on various immigration matters and take thorough notes.
- Strong legal writing and research skills;
- Fast learner , ability to think quickly and to take initiative;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to adapt to a diverse cultural environment;
- Basic knowledge of immigration law strongly preferred;
- French-speaking preferred.
- Minimum of 3 month commitment
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
6042 South Indiana AvenueChicago, IL 60637
January 5, 2023
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK