VIRTUAL: EnCorps STEMx Math Tutor
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: EnCorps, Inc.
Use your STEM Industry experience to inspire students!
EnCorps’s vision is to realize a day where all students, regardless of socioeconomic status, are inspired and prepared to pursue their dreams. Join EnCorps as a STEMx Tutor to provide quality education to the students who need it most.
STEMx Volunteer expectations:
- Frequency- 2 virtual tutoring sessions per week
- Intensity- 1-hour *time is TBD, as it is coordinated by you and the parent or guardian.
- Duration- Two consecutive semesters (you can continue further if you want)
- Training- All new STEMx volunteers will have a virtual orientation
Program qualification requirements:
In order to be considered for a STEMx tutor position you must meet one of the below eligibility scenarios:
- Have a bachelor’s degree with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher (does not have to be in a STEM field) and have at least 1 year of hands-on STEM industry work experience or have an advanced degree in a STEM field
- Junior or senior in a college accredited STEM bachelor’s program with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Hold a professional certificate in a STEM field and have at least 1 year of hands-on STEM work experience
- A current or former credentialed math teacher
All candidates must also be eligible to work in the US and currently live in the US
Value of your time:
EnCorps STEMx Tutors will provide academic assistance to middle school students in low-income communities. These students are currently under-performing in math(Foundational Math, Pre-Algebra, Algebra I). In order to prepare them for the rigor of high school mathematics, STEMx Tutors will provide them access to quality education that will help them break the cycle of income barriers, pursue higher education, and secure jobs in the 21st century.
Want to inspire the next generation of STEM leaders? Join EnCorps today!
Apply to become a STEMx Tutor at: https://www.encorps.org/apply
Language/Cultral Support Available
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
New York, NY 90278
January 5, 2023