Recovery Caseworkers Needed-Westchester County!
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Greater New York Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
- Conduct follow-up for clients within 72 hours of case being opened by Disaster Action Team or Caseworker.
- May also conduct Intake and provide Financial Assistance to qualified clients if case was not opened by DAT
- Conduct Follow-up and Recovery Planning Services
- Provide Internal Referrals and External Referrals.
- Assist with problem-solving and advocacy upon request
- Use RC Care to document services according to the Client Care Program Standards and Procedures and RC Care Job Tools.
- Services may be provided in person or virtually.
- Work with community recovery partners to plan for community recovery needs and long-term recovery activities.
- Casework onboarding must be done from the Hawthorne Office with virtual training that can be completed from home. Once onboarded volunteers may complete their shift from home and/or in the Hawthorne Office.
- Unlike NYC, caseworkers support those affected by disasters through referrals to community organizations rather than city agencies.
- Shifts vary based on number of cases available.
- Average shifts are approx. 4 hours.
- Caseworkers will need to complete cases which may take several days to complete
- Able to treat clients with care, comfort and concern.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the American Red Cross.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in stressful situations and in a team-oriented setting.
- Demonstrated interest in learning about community resource organizations.
- Treats people equitably and works effectively with diverse populations
- Comfortable with technology
- Length of Appointment
Minimum of 6 months to 1 year, renewable. Once trained can remain active as long as training is updated as required by chapter
About American Red Cross - Greater New York Region
520 West 49th Street, New York, NY 10019, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 4, 2023
- Disaster Relief Call Center
- Case Work / Management
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Approx 4-8/week during normal business hrs (can be more during busy times)
- Willingness to come to Hawthorne, NY office for training and onboarding--after onboarding can work remotely