3 people are interested
Store Greeters Needed at ReStore - Gurnee
ORGANIZATION: Habitat For Humanity Lake County
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
YOU DON’T HAVE TO SWING A HAMMER TO HELP HABITAT FOR HUMANITY BUILD HOMES.
ReStore - Gurnee is a discount Home Improvement Store of new and gently used Furniture, Home Accessories, Appliances and Building Materials with all proceeds going to fund Habitat for Humanity in our area.
- Volunteers are needed to greet customers upon entry, direct customers as needed, and inform customers about the impact ReStore - Gurnee is making in their community
- Volunteer tasks are focused on our mission to make sure that "Everybody deserves a decent place to live!"
- Shifts: Serve as little as every other week for 4 hours or as frequently as your schedule allows
09:00 AM to 01:00 PM
09:00 AM to 05:00 PM
Full Day Shifts
01:00 PM to 05:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Habitat For Humanity Lake County
3545 Grand Avenue, Gurnee, IL 60031, US
Habitat for Humanity Lake County is a Christian housing ministry which welcomes all people dedicated to building decent, affordable housing for families in need, while empowering families to help themselves. HFHLC builds partnerships with diverse members of the community which break down the walls that divide and builds a sense of community among all people. HFHLC seeks to make safe, simple, decent housing for all people a matter of conscience and action.
Habitat for Humanity is not a giveaway program. Families purchase their homes - in addition to working 500 hours.
The homes are sold at no profit to families who have been selected on the basis of need, ability to pay, and willingness to partner with Habitat. Houses are purchased with no-interest mortages. Payments from existing homes are recycled to build more houses.
Homebuyers are involved in all aspects of the work. They work 500 hours of labor, called "sweat equity", in construction - their own home and others - and in many other jobs to staff Habitat's work. This work reduces the cost of homes, while increasing the pride in ownership.
In addition to homebuyer hours, houses are built with volunteer labor and some donated materials. To date, HFHLC homes are in North Chicago, Zion, Round Lake Beach and Waukegan.
The Habitat for Humanity ReStore is our biggest fundraiser. The ReStore accepts donations and re-sells the merchandise while the proceeds from the sales go towards the cost of building our homes.
3545 Grand AvenueGurnee, IL 60031
January 4, 2023
- Customer Service
- Retail / Sales
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Must be at least 15
- Must be at least 15 Serve as little as 4 hours every other work or as frequently as your schedule allows! We are flexible to you with morning and afternoon shifts available each week Tuesday - Saturday.
- Closed-toed/closed-heel shoes are required. Some tasks may require heavy lifting; volunteers should be able to lift/push/pull at least 10 lbs.; volunteers must be 15 years and older