1 person is interested
ORGANIZATION: Anna Marie's Alliance
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
JOB DESCRIPTION: Groundskeeper
Location: Anna Marie’s Alliance
Responsible to (supervisor): Casaundra Heinen, Volunteer Coordinator
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of women and children escaping domestic violence? Then become a member of our Facility Support Team at Anna Marie's Alliance. This position will assist with the maintenance of the AMA property (snow blowing, shoveling, salting, mowing, watering, raking, etc.). This allows staff to maintain the interior and exterior of the shelter, as well as help meet the needs our women and children staying at Anna Marie’s shelter.
- Clear Snow from sidewalks and entry ways in a timely manner
- Salt Sidewalks
- Mow property (at AMA and Transitional House)
- Water flowers, grass, etc. (at AMA and Transitional House)
- Raking leave
- Trimming Hedges
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Ability to do independent work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Uneventful driving record. No DWI or DUI.
- Pass a Criminal Background Check.
- Ability to work well with people from diverse racial, cultural, social and economic backgrounds.
- Capable of managing time well and ability to move from one duty to the next as needed.
- Detail oriented.
- Belief in non-violence.
- Self starter.
- Valid MN driver’s license and current auto insurance.
Department training and a minimum six month commitment.
Dress Code: Casual attire, no ripped or torn jeans, no flip-flops. Dress appropriate for the weather and the job.
Contact Casaundra Heinen, Volunteer Coordinator at CasaundraH@annamaries.org or 320-251-7203, ext. 252. Application available on line at http://www.annamaries.org
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Anna Marie's Alliance
PO Box 367, St Cloud, MN 56302, US
To provide a safe place for victims of domestic abuse and to achieve systems change that reduces violence.
The goal of Anna Marie's Alliance is to provide women and their children experiencing domestic abuse with a safe place to stay and resources to eliminate/escape domestic abuse.
An additional goal of the organization is to create a community where violence is not tolerated and every home and community institution is a safe environment. This is done by encouraging all sectors of the community to commit to, adopt, and implement a healthy relationship model and norms of behavior so that a culture of healthy relationships can be created.
Anna Maries Alliance consists of five programs addressing domestic abuse in a five county central Minnesota region: Anna Marie's, the Criminal Justice Intervention Program, the Jill Eckhoff Transitional House, the School Youth Program and the Community Education and Outreach Program.
Anna Marie's shelter provides 24 hour emergency shelter and advocacy services for battered women and their children.
The Criminal Justice Intervention Program contacts victims of domestic abuse after an arrest to inform them of their rights and options and to make sure the criminal justice system holds the abuser accountable.
Jill Eckhoff Transitional House provides temporary housing and a supportive environment while women begin to stabilize their lives and gain skills to be self sufficient.
The School Youth program teaches children and youth the skills needed to build healthy relationships so that we can prevent domestic abuse in the future.
Multiple locations Saint Cloud, MN 56303
January 3, 2023
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Time Commitment: Department training and a minimum six month commitment.
- Ability to do independent work with minimal supervision, Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, Uneventful driving record. No DWI or DUI, Pass a Criminal Background Check, Ability to work well with people from diverse backgrounds