7 people are interested
Volunteers Needed Monday Mornings to Rescue Food & Fight Hunger In Chicago!
ORGANIZATION: Rescuing Leftover Cuisine Inc
Please visit the new page to apply.
7 people are interested
Who We Are
Rescuing Leftover Cuisine is a 501(c)3 non-profit that redistributes excess food to people experiencing food insecurity.
What We Do
We partner with licensed food vendors (restaurants, bakeries etc) and businesses who order catering (offices, production companies, etc) who know they will have excess, wholesome cuisine and link their food donations to a nonprofit partner within their local community. Our dedicated team of Lead Rescuers collect that excess food on a set schedule (pickups can be once a week, daily, or anywhere in between) and deliver it to one of RLC's partners to help feed our neighbors who can benefit from a good meal!
Who We Need
RLC is currently seeking passionate and committed leaders who are willing to take on the role of Lead Rescuer and lead food rescue events to ensure all food donations are rescued!
Each event is an hour or less and we are specifically looking for a volunteer for Monday mornings, but there are also other food rescue events, most days of the week. Take a look at all available opportunities here: https://www.rescuingleftovercuisine.org/calendar (select 'Chicago' from the drop down menu)
How To Get Started
- Create an account on our website: https://www.rescuingleftovercuisine.org/volunteer
- Sign up for any event on our calendar (https://www.rescuingleftovercuisine.org/calendar) that fits with your schedule
- Complete the remainder of the training process (available on your RLC website dashboard) to join our leadership team of volunteers as a Lead Rescuer and lead events on your own!
09:00 AM to 09:45 AM
This volunteer shift is available Monday mornings- sign up for one shift, or as an ongoing volunteer for a certain day!
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Rescuing Leftover Cuisine Inc
25 Broadway, 12th Floor, New York, NY 10004, US
The mission of RLC is to redistribute excess food to feed people experiencing food insecurity.
Rescuing Leftover Cuisine (RLC) is a nonprofit organization committed to fighting food insecurity and preventing wasted food. We have cultivated a network of dedicated food rescuers who bring food directly from our food donors to nonprofit recipients, letting neighbors help neighbors while reaping the environmental and economic benefits of reducing wasted food. Founded in 2013, our simple, but elegant model has saved over 8 million pounds of food since our inception.
840 West Randolph StreetChicago, IL 60607
January 3, 2023
- Customer Service
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1+ hour per week - weekdays or weekends - day or night opportunities available!
- Must be 18 years or older, capable of walking for at least 1 hour, capable of lifting and carrying 20+ lbs, must have a vehicle.