The Longest Day Volunteer Committee
ORGANIZATION: Alzheimer's Association Greater Dallas Chapter
Please visit the new page to apply.
We're looking for enthusiastic volunteers to join The Longest Day Volunteer Planning Committee! If you're passionate about the mission of the Alzheimer's Association and want to get more involved with this fun and creative event, we'd love to connect with you!
The Longest Day is a year-round DIY fundraising initiative that's celebrated on the day with the most light - the summer solstice. Participants fight the darkness of Alzheimer's through an activity of their choice, using their creativity and passion to raise funds and awareness for the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer’s Association.
As a committee member, you will help lead our efforts through your work on one of three subcommittees:
- Recruitment: Recruits new and past teams. Members of this subcommittee are well-connected and willing to tap into their networks to rally friends, family, clubs, businesses and beyond in support of our mission. If you have a passion for activities such as golf, pickleball, Mah Jongg or hiking, we’d love your help connecting with these groups!
- Engagement: Coaches registered teams. If you enjoy connecting with individuals through phone calls, emails and handwritten notes to help them achieve their fundraising goals, this is the place for you! This group is essential in helping us create the best possible participant experience so that teams will return for years to come.
- Marketing: Spreads awareness of The Longest Day. This is a small and highly-specialized subcommittee. This group works with our MarCom team to identify opportunities to promote The Longest Day to keep it top of mind in the community as a year-round fundraising initiative.
Committee member attributes include:
- Passionate about the work of the Alzheimer’s Association and its mission
- Committed to dedicating necessary time to the Volunteer Committee
- Enthusiastic about the uniqueness of The Longest Day and helping teams create meaningful events
- Creative when looking for new opportunities to support the campaign year-round
If you’re interested in joining The Longest Day Volunteer Committee, please contact Riley Flores at 469.216.0953 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on The Longest Day, visit alz.org/tld.
About Alzheimer's Association Greater Dallas Chapter
5000 Quorum Drive, Suite 530, Dallas, TX 75254, US
To eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
Local resources and referrals; Early Stage Programs; Support Groups; Education Programs; 24 hour Helpline; Newsletter; Professional training; Care Consultations; Alzheimer's Association Online Care Tools; MedicAlert + Safe Return; Walk to End Alzheimer's; WTEA
Multiple locations Longview, TX 75601
December 28, 2022
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Social Media / Blogging
- Relationship Building
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per month