11 people are interested
Fundraising Board Member
ORGANIZATION: Project Canis
Please visit the new page to apply.
11 people are interested
Project Canis is a new 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization started by students at the University of Florida to ensure that every shelter animal has a toy. Project Canis helps cats and dogs in Florida shelters by making and donating pet toys made from recycled materials. We are currently looking for a professional with fundraising or grant writing experience to join our board of directors.
- Attend quarterly and other special meetings
- Strategic and organizational planning
- Know the organization’s mission, policies, programs, and needs
- Follow the organization’s bylaws, policies, and board resolutions
- Elect officers and identify new members with the ability and skills needed to support the organization
- Selecting and evaluating the performance of the chief executive
- Serve as active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for the organization to advance its mission
- Leverage connections, networks, and resources to develop collective action to fully achieve the organization’s mission
- Degree in relevant field
- Year-long commitment with opportunity to renew
- Florida residency preferred
- Experience in animal or environmental welfare, nonprofit leadership, finance, or law preferred
Apply here: https://forms.gle/bvBvKsYsrNexYsRs8
Check out our website www.projectcanis.com and our Instagram and Facebook @theprojectcanis for more info!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Project Canis
4600 SW 34th St, Gainesville, FL 32614, US
Project Canis' mission is to help animals in shelters by giving them toys made of recycled materials. Many animal shelters struggle to get donations and are not financially able to provide toys, which are essential to animals' emotional and physical well-being.
Anyone can participate in Project Canis by sending in toys they made individually or as a service project with their organization. We have three toy designs: the braid, the plushie, and the crunch that can be made easily with recycled materials such as old t-shirts and plastic water bottles. Making the toys is super easy and fun, and participating in Project Canis is a great way for organizations to give back to the community.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 1, 2023
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- 3 hours a month