1 person is interested
ORGANIZATION: Human Biology
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
The treasurer, jointly with the board chair, ensures that the current records are maintained, reflecting the financial condition of Human Biology. These records would include cash, outstanding advances, investments, accounts receivable and other assets, accounts payables, and fund balances (net assets).
- Maintain knowledge of the organization and personal commitment to its goals and objectives
- Understand financial accounting for nonprofit organizations
- Serve as financial officer of the organization and as chairperson of the finance committee
- Manage with the finance committee the board’s review of and action related to the board’s financial responsibilities
- Work with the Chief Executive Officer and related finance personnel to ensure that appropriate financial reports are made available to the board on a timely basis
- Assist the Chief Executive Officer or related finance personnel in preparing the annual budget and presenting the budget to the board for approval
- Review the annual audit and answer board member’s questions about the audit
Appointed by: Membership
Length of term: Two years
Time Commitment: As required to accomplish major duties
Reporting: The treasurer reports to the board chair and to the board
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of the organization and personal commitment to its goals and objectives
- Understanding of financial accounting for nonprofit organizations
- Ability to work with chief financial personnel and auditor as necessary
Budget Support: Costs of conferences and reimbursements for feed incurred in service of the board.
About Human Biology
PO Box 1589, Camden, NJ 08105, US
Human Biology's focus is to drive down the incidence/prevalence rates for non-communicable disease in food deserts with the goal of turning other food deserts into flourishing epicenters for mental/physical healing using food as the primary medium. As a platform that showcases culinary medicine, our whole food plant based-centered focus taps into biomimetic sustainability as a solution for urban and natural environments.
Our classes take place in community centers local to the populations which we serve. Often this includes cuisines with a whole food plant-based focus rooted in culture. Human Biology offers Vegan Nutrition Basics and Healthy Meal Prep. Here, the participants learn the basics and importance of vegan nutrition, and how to prepare healthy meals. With the help of a local Vegan Nutrition Health Coach, your community develops a healthy relationship with food!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
December 26, 2022
- Financial Auditing
- Financial Planning
- Financial Service Assistance
- Resource Development / Management
- Two years