AmeriCorps VISTA - Volunteer Corps
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: L.A. Works
AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) is a national service program dedicated to ending poverty by building the capacity of nonprofit organizations and public agencies. VISTA’s mission is to strengthen and supplement efforts in low-income communities to eliminate and alleviate poverty by engaging volunteers from all walks of life, all geographical areas, and all age groups in a year of full-time service.
By joining Volunteer Corps at L.A. Works, you will be placed with one of our nonprofit partner organizations to serve for 12 months and tasked with a capacity-building project such as: creating sustainable systems to expand services, recruiting community members to volunteer in local programs, establishing a database of program alumni, and/or developing partnerships to bring new economic opportunities in LA county.
Start Date: February 13th, 2023 - February 13th, 2024
Last Day to Apply: January 20th, 2023Benefits of AmeriCorps VISTA
- Living Allowance - Receive a modest bi-weekly living allowance to cover basic expenses.
- Relocation Allowance - If you move 50+ miles from your home to a new community, you receive relocation travel assistance and a settling-in allowance.
- End of Service Award - Choose between the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award ($6,095) to pay for education expenses or a cash stipend ($1,800).
- Healthcare Benefit - Choose between reimbursement for healthcare or a healthcare plan. Dental and vision are also included.
- Professional Development - Receive in-person and virtual professional development opportunities from L.A. Works and AmeriCorps VISTA throughout the year.
- Non-Competitive Eligibility (NCE) - Qualify for NCE, a unique hiring path that makes it easier for federal agencies to hire you.
- Child Care - You may be eligible to receive a child care benefit if you have children under the age of 13.
- Be 18 years or older
- Pass a national service criminal history check
- Hold one of the following citizenship statuses: US citizen, US National, Lawful Permanent Resident Aliens and persons residing in a state that have the following legal residency classifications: refugee, asylum or asylee, temporary protected status, or deferred action for childhood arrivals (DACA) status
Choose Where To Serve
Each nonprofit partner organization is working on alleviating poverty with programs and services focused on either capacity building, education, economic opportunities, or healthy futures. Interviews happening now for the February 2023 Cohort!
FOR OPEN VISTA POSITIONS AT VARIOUS ORGANIZATIONS, PLEASE CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: https://www.laworks.com/vistamembers
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Los Angeles, CA 90065
December 23, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME