ESL Instructor Level 0-2
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Neighborhood HouseBACKGROUND
Every day, Neighborhood House builds community and increases access to
housing, health, education, and economic opportunities for low-income,
immigrants and refugees across Seattle and King County. Since 1906,
Neighborhood House has advanced our mission to partner with individuals and
families to build community and increase access to housing, health, education,
and economic opportunity. Our programs focus on early childhood education, youth
development, employment and adult education, housing assistance, community
health, and aging and disability services throughout King County, WA.PROGRAM SCOPE
Neighborhood House, we have a deep commitment to valuing our employees’, volunteers’, and clients’ diverse experiences and backgrounds, which guide our work for a more equitable future.
Currently the Family Resource Center at Neighborhood House - High Point has a few adult clients that have a varied amount of adult learning needs. Some examples include:
- Adult ESL Level 0-2 learners that need assistance with vocabulary, diction, and conversation.
- Adult Education students ESL level 0-2 studying for GED completion, or other highergeneral education classes at Seattle Colleges, or other related Adult Educationprograms (Math,English/Writing, etc.).
- Provide weekly ESL assistance to support clients.
- Current or previous ESL teacher (i.e. current or past teaching credentials)
- Availability once a week for at least 4 months
- Bi-Lingual in English and Spanish, Somali, Oromo, or Amharic preferred
- This volunteer opportunity is in-person at West Seattle.
Time-frame will be mutually agreed upon
High Point Neighborhood House
6400 Sylvan Way SW
Seattle, WA 98126
Anyone interested in volunteering for this position should complete our Volunteer Inquiry Form so that we can learn more about you.
All Neighborhood House employees and volunteers must be fully vaccinated (and submit completed documentation) from COVID-19 by October 18, 2021. New Employees must meet this requirement, prior to their start of employment, effective immediately. Please see this FAQ document for more guidance on the new vaccine mandate.
For questions about this, or any other Neighborhood House volunteer positions, contact Neighborhood House Volunteer Services at email@example.com.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
6400 Sylvan Way SouthwestSeattle, WA 98126
December 23, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK