AmeriCorps Project Management Coordinator VISTA
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Metropolitan Ministries, Inc.
AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) is a national service program designed to alleviate poverty in communities across the country. Metropolitan Ministries’ VISTA project, Tampa Bay Homeless Outreach, aims to generate resources that enhance and expand housing programs and supportive services for people experiencing poverty and homelessness.
This is not a salaried position; this is a year-long service position that receives a bi-weekly stipend, education award, health insurance, and other benefits.
VISTA members serving at Metropolitan Ministries will receive orientation and ongoing professional development, trauma-informed care training, free meals daily (when serving on-site), and assistance with locating affordable housing (upon request). Members will expand the operations of a non-profit organization serving 100,000 people annually with food, clothing, emergency shelter, affordable housing, childcare, and elementary school, counseling and case management, employment and adult education services, health and wellness services, and access to community resources.
Inspire Hope is a new program that aims to increase resources in Tampa Bay neighborhoods with high child poverty rates. The Inspire Hope Coordinator VISTA will conduct food security assessments, build partnerships to increase financial stability resources, and develop a Hub Site model to expand MM’s services.
Service Term: 365 days
Days/Hours: Full time; this position is 40 hours/week.
- Conduct a Community Food Security Assessment for Inspire Hope target neighborhoods, identifying food/nutrition resources, needs, and specific challenges or problems within each community
- Work with community leaders and members to collect local data through surveys, interviews, focus groups, etc.
- Build partnerships with community groups, service agencies, and local leaders in Inspire Hope target neighborhoods
- Research and document local boards and community councils that are addressing community needs.
- Document partner communications and activities in customer relationship management (CRM) software
- Develop a hub site model to expand MM’s services; develop documents to support the Hub Site model, including a process for developing partnerships, a partnership agreement, and a partner manual
- Requires understanding of poverty, a high degree of maturity, strong inter-personal skills and the ability to work and communicate with people in a professional and diplomatic manner
- Demonstrated ability to effectively provide guidance, support, and feedback to others
- Organized and detail-oriented, with ability to prioritize, plan and manage time efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
Position Requirements and Specifications:
- AA degree in related field or equivalent work experience (Social Work, Sociology, Education, Psychology, Political Science, Public Relations, Communications).
- Reliable transportation required.
- Must be a US citizen, US National, Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card status), or someone legally residing within a state. Examples of persons legally residing within a state may include those holding the following classifications: refugee, asylee, temporary protected status throughout VISTA service, and holding Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status.
- Be able to successfully pass a criminal background check
- Must be available for full-time working hours for 1 full year.
- VISTA members must be able to pass a Level 2 Background Check
- Stipend of $667.52 (gross before taxes) paid bi-weekly for term of service
- Healthcare Benefit and Telehealth
- Choice of Education Award or Stipend ($6,895 for Education Award or $1,800 for Stipend)
- Forbearance on qualified student loans and interest accrual payments while serving (taxable)
- Three meals are offered daily at no cost to the member
- Relocation and Settling In Allowance for those moving more than 50 miles for service
- Non-Competitive Eligibility Status
- Access to daily meals at no cost to member
- Childcare assistance (if qualified)
- Professional development and training opportunities
- 20 days for Personal/Sick Leave
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
2002 North Florida AvenueTampa, FL 33602
December 22, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME