AmeriCorps Family Services Coordinator VISTA
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Metropolitan Ministries, Inc.
AmeriCorps VISTA Family Servces Coordinator
AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) is a national service program designed to alleviate poverty in communities across the country. Metropolitan Ministries’ VISTA project, Tampa Bay Homeless Outreach, aims to generate resources that enhance and expand housing programs and supportive services for people experiencing poverty and homelessness.
This is not a salaried position; this is a year-long service position that receives a bi-weekly stipend, education award, health insurance, and other benefits.
VISTA members serving at Metropolitan Ministries will receive orientation and ongoing professional development, trauma-informed care training, free meals daily (when serving on-site), and assistance with locating affordable housing (upon request). Members will expand the operations of a non-profit organization serving 100,000 people annually with food, clothing, emergency shelter, affordable housing, childcare, and elementary school, counseling and case management, employment and adult education services, health and wellness services, and access to community resources.
The Family Services Coordinator VISTA will build partnerships to increase family support classes, create resource guides, and research and develop children’s programming.
Service Term: 365 days
Days/Hours: Full time; this position is 40 hours/week.
- Recruit partners or volunteers to facilitate 10 new classes for the Family Support Center, including financial literacy, health and wellness, parenting, etc.
- Survey families and consult with the Family Advisory Council to learn about class needs
- Work with marketing to create a user-friendly class calendar that will be on the Family Support Center page of MM’s website.
- Research, document, and implement best practices for efficient utilization of child learning rooms in Family Support Centers.
- Create a resource guide for each Inspire Hope zip code that includes contact information, services, and eligibility requirements for each organization/group
- Requires understanding of poverty, a high degree of maturity, strong inter-personal skills and the ability to work and communicate with people in a professional and diplomatic manner
- Demonstrated ability to effectively provide guidance, support, and feedback to others
- Organized and detail-oriented, with ability to prioritize, plan and manage time efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in compiling and assessing data.
Position Requirements and Specifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Reliable transportation required.
- Must be a US citizen, US National, Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card status), or someone legally residing within a state. Examples of persons legally residing within a state may include those holding the following classifications: refugee, asylee, temporary protected status throughout VISTA service, and holding Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status.
- Be able to successfully pass a criminal background check
- Must be available for full-time working hours for 1 full year, may include occasional nights and weekends.
- VISTA members must be able to pass a Level 2 Background Check
- Stipend of $667.52 (gross before taxes) paid bi-weekly for term of service
- Healthcare Benefit and Telehealth
- Choice of Education Award or Stipend ($6,895 for Education Award or $1,800 for Stipend)
- Forbearance on qualified student loans and interest accrual payments while serving (taxable)
- Three meals are offered daily at no cost to the member
- Relocation and Settling In Allowance for those moving more than 50 miles for service
- Non-Competitive Eligibility Status
- Access to daily meals at no cost to member
- Childcare assistance (if qualified)
- Professional development and training opportunities
- 20 days for Personal/Sick Leave
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
2002 North Florida AvenueTampa, FL 33602
December 22, 2022
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME