Board Member (Experience in HR or Fundraising)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Animal Advocacy Careers
Animal Advocacy Careers (AAC) is looking for a new board member to expand and diversify our team, ideally with experience in HR or fundraising, but all interested candidates are encouraged to apply.
Availability: Approx 2 hours per monthHOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
AAC is a relatively new nonprofit (registered in 2021) with a small, high-performing global team. We are seeking a board member who is personally excited about AAC’s mission to strengthen and expand the animal protection movement. Board members at AAC provide support, strategic guidance, and insights to ensure AAC is growing sustainably and making a positive impact. We currently have specific needs for candidates bringing experience in the areas of fundraising and HR.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend four full board meetings each calendar year with the potential for a few additional adhoc meetings as needed.
- Select and evaluate the performance of the CEO
- Ensure strong fiduciary oversight and financial management
- Support fundraising efforts and help ensure strong financial sustainability
- Provide strategic guidance on AAC’s programs and services and their impact.
- Assess its own performance as the governing body of AAC
- Be knowledgeable about AAC’s mission, policies, programs, and needs
- Serve as active advocates and ambassadors for the organization
- Leverage connections, networks, and resources to develop collective action to fully achieve AAC’s mission
- Follow AAC’s bylaws, policies, and board resolutions
- Avoid conflicts of interest and fully comply with AAC’s conflict of interest disclosure policy.
- Maintain confidentiality about all internal matters of AAC.
- Strong commitment to AAC’s mission, programs, and objectives.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing an inclusive working and learning environment and promoting diverse ideas and experiences.
- Maintain a high level of ethical and legal responsiblity.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other board or staff members of AAC in an organized, prompt manner.
- Bonus: Experience in nonprofit fundraising or HR policies.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurringFalse
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Flat 2, 17-19 Shacklewell LaneLondon, E8 2BYUnited Kingdom
December 21, 2022
- Public Advocacy