Program Assistant with DWSP at Don Bosco Cristo Rey High School
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Franciscan Mission Service
Desire to work at one of the most dynamic schools in the country while living in Washington, DC? Do you have a heart for education but a hesitancy to serve as a classroom teacher? Interested in living in an intentional community?
About Franciscan Mission Service:
Franciscan Mission Service (FMS) is a nonprofit organization that provides Catholic women and men the opportunity to serve in solidarity with economically marginalized communities around the world. FMS trains, sends, and supports lay Catholics to serve others in a way that is respectful of cultural and religious differences.
DC Service Corps volunteers build a foundation for a lifelong commitment to social activism and their Catholic faith through a meaningful year of service in Washington, DC. Volunteers dedicated to direct service are placed with partner non-profit agencies to work directly with vulnerable communities.
As part of the year-long DC Service Corps Program, the Program Assistant volunteer will serve with the Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP) at Don Bosco Cristo Rey High School, which empowers and enables under-resourced high school students to succeed in the professional workplace while preparing for college with Christian values essential for successful and fulfilling lives.
Both volunteers serving in the community and those in the FMS office live in intentional community, pray together, and strive to be witnesses to justice and peace. Leadership training, professional development, mentoring, faith formation, and educational seminars inspired by the Catholic Social Justice tradition round out this transformative experience.
- Collaborating with staff to support the CWSP’s goals and strategies
- Engaging with students during morning check-ins at metro station
- Facilitating transportation arrangements for students to/from their work placements
- Maintaining proper personnel files for students and CWSP employment partners
- Assisting with CWSP events, activities, and outreach
- Participating in staff meetings and trainings
- Passion for working with high school students from culturally and racially diverse backgrounds
- Interest in helping students navigate and learn from new, professional experiences across a variety of government, nonprofit, and business sectors.
- Ability to model professionalism in speech, dress, and attitude
- Ability to pass a background check
- Proficiency in Salesforce preferred, but not required
- Spanish or French language skills helpful, but not required
- Education or counseling background helpful, but not required
- Submit an application by visiting the following webpage: https://franciscanmissionservice.org/programs/dc-service-corps/#application
- Or by emailing email@example.com for more information
- Accepting applications until July 31, 2023 or until the position is filled
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
1010 Larch AvenueTakoma Park, MD 20912
December 21, 2022